Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
NickFaulks
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby NickFaulks » Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Paul Cooksey wrote:I guess we are assuming that the Pool system could not be interpreted as different divisions for norm purposes.

It possibly could be, but it won't.

Paul Cooksey
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Paul Cooksey » Sun May 07, 2017 11:08 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Paul Cooksey wrote:I guess we are assuming that the Pool system could not be interpreted as different divisions for norm purposes.

It possibly could be, but it won't.
On the basis of the ECF's ongoing friendly relations with FIDE?

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 7921
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Alex Holowczak » Sun May 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Paul Cooksey wrote:
NickFaulks wrote:
Paul Cooksey wrote:I guess we are assuming that the Pool system could not be interpreted as different divisions for norm purposes.

It possibly could be, but it won't.
On the basis of the ECF's ongoing friendly relations with FIDE?

On the basis that the man tasked with interpreting it has just written, in public, that it won't be.

Paul Cooksey
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Paul Cooksey » Mon May 08, 2017 7:30 am

I was being sarcastic, I can't tell if Alex is doing the same.

E Michael White
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby E Michael White » Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:Pooling was banned in 2015/16, permitted in 2016/17, and now banned again in 2017/18 going forwards.
I don't know too much about title regulations but does this mean two players A and B could have identical results against the same opponents, A achieving a norm and B not doing so ?

For example all results in Div 1 except for B v C which was played in Div 2 as their clubs' first teams were strengthened for that match.

LawrenceCooper
Posts: 4085
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby LawrenceCooper » Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 am

NickFaulks wrote:
Paul Cooksey wrote:I guess we are assuming that the Pool system could not be interpreted as different divisions for norm purposes.

It possibly could be, but it won't.


There goes the perfect excuse to get rid of the pool system and return to the round robin :cry:

NickFaulks
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby NickFaulks » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 am

LawrenceCooper wrote:There goes the perfect excuse to get rid of the pool system and return to the round robin :cry:

Sorry.

Alan Llewellyn

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Alan Llewellyn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:I think Leonard has a problem with the naming of many of the teams. If you know nothing about cricket or football, you can still get behind Sussex or Liverpool because of some accident of birth. It is unlikely that many non-chess players will be rooting for Cheddleston. How many non-chess players would know where, or what, 3C's was? Would the 4NCL be more marketable if 3cs were Manchester, Cheddleston Derby?
Certainly an interesting point of view.

are Liverpool a well known cricket club, theyre not a well known football club that's for sure lol just joking

Alan Llewellyn

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Alan Llewellyn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Alan Llewellyn wrote:
Matthew Turner wrote:I think Leonard has a problem with the naming of many of the teams. If you know nothing about cricket or football, you can still get behind Sussex or Liverpool because of some accident of birth. It is unlikely that many non-chess players will be rooting for Cheddleston. How many non-chess players would know where, or what, 3C's was? Would the 4NCL be more marketable if 3cs were Manchester, Cheddleston Derby?
Certainly an interesting point of view.

are Liverpool a well known cricket club, theyre not a well known football club that's for sure lol just joking

I think matthew turner should sit down and watch matthew bulliers day out, have a perm, and listen to some duran duran, he seems to be reliving times gone past when Liverpool had a soccer team.

User avatar
Gerard Killoran
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Gerard Killoran » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:56 am

Alan Llewellyn wrote:
Alan Llewellyn wrote:
Matthew Turner wrote:I think Leonard has a problem with the naming of many of the teams. If you know nothing about cricket or football, you can still get behind Sussex or Liverpool because of some accident of birth. It is unlikely that many non-chess players will be rooting for Cheddleston. How many non-chess players would know where, or what, 3C's was? Would the 4NCL be more marketable if 3cs were Manchester, Cheddleston Derby?
Certainly an interesting point of view.

are Liverpool a well known cricket club, theyre not a well known football club that's for sure lol just joking

I think matthew turner should sit down and watch matthew bulliers day out, have a perm, and listen to some duran duran, he seems to be reliving times gone past when Liverpool had a soccer team.


Was 'matthew bulliers day out' the unsuccessful sequel to 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'?

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5449
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: Mr Barden's Guardian Article

Postby Carl Hibbard » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Matthew with a perm was funny enough to let the post stand.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard


Return to “4NCL”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest