Food

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Carl Hibbard

Re: Food

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 am

Not enough snow to even make a snowball here in Evesham, not that it helps
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:25 am

I'll definitely be making sure that I arrive late enough not to be drafted in to any team as a replacement :oops:

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Any postings on here represent my personal views

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi Mick

Thanks for the help with those places - I realised when you mentioned the sharnford arms that I have been there myself a couple of years ago. I remmber the atmosphere being ruined by some dumbass couple bringing a baby, but the food was very good.

We ate in the hotel in the end, as the hinkley food is really good value for money and nice quality, plus it helps support the 4ncl.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Nick Thomas

Post by Nick Thomas » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:Hi Mick

I remmber the atmosphere being ruined by some dumbass couple bringing a baby
Joey please go and wash your mouth out with soap and hide your head in shame :shock:

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Dont worry nick, it wasnt you.
But I am sure that even you, as a parent, would know not to bring a baby out to a meal late in the evening.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Nick Thomas

Post by Nick Thomas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:Dont worry nick, it wasnt you.
But I am sure that even you, as a parent, would know not to bring a baby out to a meal late in the evening.
Even me, as a parent, wouldn't leave a baby at home on its own if I was going out for a meal late in the evening so I'm afraid it would have to come with me.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:...
I remmber the atmosphere being ruined by some dumbass couple bringing a baby, but the food was very good.

This is why it is so nice bringing up children in England :cry: - and why we parents come to like Italian restaurants/Italy/other countries in general

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:54 pm

The way I see it is:
Baby certainly does not want to be dragged out of his nice warm bed to have to sit in a restaurant, nobody else wants to be hearing the inevitable vocal complaints made. Even the parents must feel a small degree of shame having disrupted everybodies evening, so really there is nobody who profits from the whole exercise.
When you look at it logically like that, it seems such a simple solution - dont go out late with a young baby if you know he is going to be upset and cry.

N.B. That is not to say that ALL babies should be barred, some can be perfectly well behaved, but it is those noisy ones who ruin it for everyone.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:That is not to say that ALL babies should be barred, some can be perfectly well behaved, but it is those noisy ones who ruin it for everyone.
That is not to say that ALL chess players should be barred, some can be perfectly well behaved, but it is those noisy ones who ruin it for everyone.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Spot on - hence the reason I am so in favour of the mobile phone rule.