Individual Results Out Now

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Joey Stewart

Individual Results Out Now

Post by Joey Stewart » Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 pm

I expect some of you will be pleased to know the final crosstable of results are up on the website (very quickly, I might add) so you can see how well you did.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Christopher Kreuzer

Re: Individual Results Out Now

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Wed May 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Looks good. Not sure what happens when a player gains a full FIDE rating between the start of the season and now.

There is at least one player I know of (I was checking the results from the team I play for) who gained a full rating at the London Chess Classic Open, and is listed in the 4NCL spreadsheet for the 2012-13 season as gaining a part rating (they were unrated when the season started in November 2012). How is that sort of situation handled? If someone has a rating, you would rate using the November 2012 rating, but you can't do that here. Do you rate using the January 2013 rating, or do you incorporate the part rating into the existing rating a different way?

Sean Hewitt

Re: Individual Results Out Now

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Looks good. Not sure what happens when a player gains a full FIDE rating between the start of the season and now.

There is at least one player I know of (I was checking the results from the team I play for) who gained a full rating at the London Chess Classic Open, and is listed in the 4NCL spreadsheet for the 2012-13 season as gaining a part rating (they were unrated when the season started in November 2012). How is that sort of situation handled? If someone has a rating, you would rate using the November 2012 rating, but you can't do that here. Do you rate using the January 2013 rating, or do you incorporate the part rating into the existing rating a different way?
Ratings in force at the start of the event are used for the whole event, so the person that you know counts as an unrated player for all of his opponents, irrespective of the fact he subsequently became rated part way through the tournament. However, his rating gain or loss is calculated as if he started the tournament with the initial rating he obtained part way through.