4NCL so far this season

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
MartinCarpenter

Re: 4NCL so far this season

Post by MartinCarpenter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:10 pm

I think its more that Div3 is just very difficult to talk about sensibly - 3N is just about small enough to get a sensible handle on but Div3 is huge. Once the two divisions merge the scale really is a bit overwhelming :)

It'll all get rather more manageable once the split comes into force next season.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Well, division 2 hardly gets any attention either, even though considerably more drama occurs there. It seems barely worth mentioning that the top placed side - and the best side - in one pool actually lost to the bottom team in that pool, because that is just what happens. It would be almost unimaginable in any pool in the first division though. So the first division obsession in the chess media, it seems to me, can indeed only really be explained by the GM/IM obsession which it is assumed that all the readers will have. (Is the assumption correct? We know Geoff's views on that ...)

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi, can someone clarify something

If Guildford 3 and Barbican Youth finish in the top 4 of the promotion pool and for obvious reasons cannot get promoted

Then does the relegated teams get the reprive

This is what I thought what happens

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:34 pm

In Divisions 1 and 2 no more than two teams from any club will be permitted to play in the same division. Where this situation is caused by a club team/teams finishing in a promotion place, the next eligible team will be promoted instead. Where this situation is caused by a club team/teams being relegated into a lower division, the necessary number of teams from that club will be relegated from that division and the highest placed team/teams that would otherwise have been relegated will escape relegation. The top placed eligible teams in Divisions 2 and/or the Division 3 combined division will be offered promotion as required to ensure that the complement of sixteen teams in the top two divisions is maintained
Rule 11.5
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanks Mick, so lets hope Barbican Youth and Guildford 3 are in the Promotion Pool (and Barbican 2 stay up), that would mean 4 out 6 teams get promoted, if we have 5 points carried forward then I think only one win maybe enough

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:40 pm

I doubt 3Cs will fear going up. The others might though :?