e2-e4

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Neil Graham

e2-e4

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:01 am

As 4ncl players are aware from the previous thread, e2-e4 are no longer members of the 4NCL. No entries were received within the stipulated rules.

For the IMs and high rated players there is no chance of e2-e4 being revived; however e2-e4 had around 60 players registered last season many of whom were ordinary club and county players. Mike Truran has kindly given some leeway in allowing displaced players into the lowest Division, (ie Division Four South at Telford) if something can be organised in the next fortnight or so for a new team.

I have received a number of enquiries from players in Nottinghamshire and also had contact with people from Leicestershire who were connected to e2-e4. Firstly let me make my position clear. As the team manager & organiser of Ashfield-Breadsall, I cannot fulfil a similar role with any new team. However if someone were to step forward and offer to take on this role, I would happily work closely with them to ensure that something can be salvaged from the wreck of e2-e4. In the first instance could anyone who played for e2-e4 and would want to be part of a new Division Four team please get in touch with me either by private message in this forum or by e-mail. I have no e-mail address list for players for e2-e4 and as I understand it, it is unlikely that former players of the team will be contacted to tell them what has occurred - so if anyone who knows players connected with the former team can they pass the message on.

Roger de Coverly

Re: e2-e4

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 am

Neil Graham wrote:As 4ncl players are aware from the previous thread, e2-e4 are no longer members of the 4NCL. No entries were received within the stipulated rules.
I would have thought the reputation of the organiser is now trashed. But he still will have numerous votes at the ECF AGM and is still named as the principal organiser or contact at the London Chess Classic "other events".

Neville Belinfante

Post by Neville Belinfante » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:19 am

I would like to wish displaced players the best of luck in creating new teams.

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Has any reason been given yet, or just a pull-out with no explanation? I think we can safely say that is the final nail in the coffin of the whole e2e4 franchise. Sorry to the poor players who were banking on playing for the teams.
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Jon Mahony wrote:Has any reason been given yet, or just a pull-out with no explanation?
There was a big enough squad that a circular email back in the summer might have encouraged another organiser or two to emerge to run all or part of the squad. Given they had a first division place, an existing squad desirous of a first division place might have been interested in a merger.