Stockport Rapidplay 31 January 2016

Results of competitions with tables, or as much detail as is possible.
Mick Norris

Stockport Rapidplay 31 January 2016

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:54 pm

results and photo
2016.01.31 Results.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Any postings on here represent my personal views

David Pardoe

Re: Stockport Rapidplay 31 January 2016

Post by David Pardoe » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Another good days chessing was had, and the venue was almost packed to the doors, with a number of late entries delaying the start.
The `Open` section was low in numbers this year, but they are intending to move to a bigger and more comfortable venue next year, so hopefully a return to higher numbers will result.
It was great to see a lot of new faces this year, and players of all ages and abilities came along...particularly in the `Intermediate` and `Minor` sections, and a good range of prizes meant that plenty of players were in with a shout...which was good.
All in all, despite the crowding, it was an enjoyable days chess..
Top marks to the organisers for ensuring a smooth running schedule, and they certainly earned there stripes with the hectic manual pairings between rounds, and in making up the lost time.
BRING BACK THE BCF

Steve Rooney

Post by Steve Rooney » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 am

David Pardoe wrote:Another good days chessing was had, and the venue was almost packed to the doors, with a number of late entries delaying the start.
The `Open` section was low in numbers this year, but they are intending to move to a bigger and more comfortable venue next year, so hopefully a return to higher numbers will result.
It was great to see a lot of new faces this year, and players of all ages and abilities came along...particularly in the `Intermediate` and `Minor` sections, and a good range of prizes meant that plenty of players were in with a shout...which was good.
All in all, despite the crowding, it was an enjoyable days chess..
Top marks to the organisers for ensuring a smooth running schedule, and they certainly earned there stripes with the hectic manual pairings between rounds, and in making up the lost time.
David, my diary tells me I was at Stockport that day, but despite the fact I know you're always keen to put a positive spin on events, I'm afraid I don't recognise it from your glowing description.

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi Steve... my comments weren't particularly intended as a glowing description.
It was a cramped venue, unfortunately, and certainly not as good as previous years...
The organisers did say that they are looking to secure a better venue for next years event..
I certainly found the Major section to be quite a lively contest, and enjoyed my matches despite the difficulties.
BRING BACK THE BCF