Gibraltar

Information regarding live broadcasts using the ECF sensory boards.
Roger de Coverly

Re: Gibraltar

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 am

David Clayton wrote: Just keep doing a refresh, eventually you will see round R7, then after more refreshes you will see R8,
At the time of writing, this link is the most recent report.
http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/report_r06.htm
It's even dated Wednesday 30th.

It's also appeared on ChessBase
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8815

The ChessBase report gives the scores to the end of round 9, but not how the players got there.

Simon Brown

Post by Simon Brown » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Looks like there will be a playoff of at least 4 players, including Nigel and possibly Mickey, as I quite like his ending. But only 4 players will qualify - can anyone who isn't meant to be working calculate who it will be if say Mickey and Ivanchuk win? Starts at 4.00 UK time I think.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Simon Brown wrote: But only 4 players will qualify - can anyone who isn't meant to be working calculate who it will be if say Mickey and Ivanchuk win? Starts at 4.00 UK time I think.
It's based on rating performance, so Nigel could get squeezed out. If you recall, he had an early loss which would have reduced the ratings of some of his opponents in comparison to the early leaders.

Link to cross table (round 9 at time of writing)

http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/p ... esults.htm

Simon Brown

Post by Simon Brown » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks Roger. So it looks as if Vitiugov, V-L and Sandipan are in, Ivanchuk is out and the last place for Nigel unless Mickey wins, when he gets in. Does that look right?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Simon Brown wrote:Thanks Roger. So it looks as if Vitiugov, V-L and Sandipan are in, Ivanchuk is out and the last place for Nigel unless Mickey wins, when he gets in. Does that look right?
I'm not sure Nigel is ahead of Ivanchuk.

There are two performance measurements on the crosstable, one headed TB1 and the other headed Rp. I'd guess the difference is something to do with 400 point cutoffs.

Nigel has 2738 and 2721 whilst Ivanchuk has 2750 and 2705. Should Ivanchuk win, both will increase, whilst Nigel's draw with Navara would leave him almost unchanged. Ivanchuk's round 1 draw would have given him another 400 point game in round 2.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Simon Brown wrote:Thanks Roger. So it looks as if Vitiugov, V-L and Sandipan are in, Ivanchuk is out and the last place for Nigel unless Mickey wins, when he gets in. Does that look right?
I'm not sure Nigel is ahead of Ivanchuk.

There are two performance measurements on the crosstable, one headed TB1 and the other headed Rp. I'd guess the difference is something to do with 400 point cutoffs.

Nigel has 2738 and 2721 whilst Ivanchuk has 2750 and 2705. Should Ivanchuk win, both will increase, whilst Nigel's draw with Navara would leave him almost unchanged. Ivanchuk's round 1 draw would have given him another 400 point game in round 2.
Ivanchuk drew so he is out of the play-off equation anyway.