Latest Schedule

Information regarding live broadcasts using the ECF sensory boards.
Carl Hibbard

Latest Schedule

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:18 pm

The latest schedule for the live broadcast is always here:-

http://www.bcfservices.org.uk/livechess/

Open Scottish Championships 11 Jul - 19 Jul
British Championships 26 Jul - 08 Aug
4ncl - Rounds 1 & 2 24 Oct - 25 Oct
British Rapidplay 21 Nov - 22 Nov
Hastings International Congress 28 Dec - 05 Jan
4ncl - Rounds 3 & 4 16 Jan - 17 Jan
8th Gibtelecom Chess Festival 26 Jan - 04 Feb
4ncl - Rounds 5 & 6 13 Feb - 14 Feb
4ncl - Rounds 7 & 8 27 Mar - 28 Mar
4ncl - Rounds 9, 10 & 11 01 May - 03 May
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Staunton tournament listing removed
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Roger de Coverly

Re: Latest Schedule

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:The latest schedule for the live broadcast is always here:-

7th Staunton Memorial 08 Aug - 17 Aug
According to the website, http://www.2seeitlive.com/viewer_registration.php, this one will not be free at point of use.
2seeitlive.com wrote: To view the 7th Howard Staunton Memorial Chess Tournament Live Webcast you are required to subscribe to 2 See It Live. A simple 'ONE OFF' payment of £5.00 subscription fee is required which will provide you full access to the live webcast during the 7th Howard Staunton Memorial Chess Tournament.
If these are the same sensory boards in use at the British, it's not just Howell, Jones and other players that will need to make a mad dash from Torquay to London for the first Staunton round.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:The latest schedule for the live broadcast is always here:-

7th Staunton Memorial 08 Aug - 17 Aug
According to the website, http://www.2seeitlive.com/viewer_registration.php, this one will not be free at point of use.
2seeitlive.com wrote: To view the 7th Howard Staunton Memorial Chess Tournament Live Webcast you are required to subscribe to 2 See It Live. A simple 'ONE OFF' payment of £5.00 subscription fee is required which will provide you full access to the live webcast during the 7th Howard Staunton Memorial Chess Tournament.
If these are the same sensory boards in use at the British, it's not just Howell, Jones and other players that will need to make a mad dash from Torquay to London for the first Staunton round.
I would like to distance myself from this event as this has nothing what so ever to do with me
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:58 pm

To be clear the live games service hosting I provide to the ECF and other sites is free and without charge ever!

I don't believe there should ever be a charge, sorry!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:To be clear the live games service hosting I provide to the ECF and other sites is free and without charge ever!

That's good to know, and I agree. I shan't be paying to watch the Staunton Memorial. Particularly when free game databases will have them online pretty soon afterwards anyway.

Wilf Arnold

Post by Wilf Arnold » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:To be clear the live games service hosting I provide to the ECF and other sites is free and without charge ever!

I am taking the opportunity to continue my learning of 'the ways of the sensory boards' and on Sunday 6th September (tomorrow) I'll be attempting to broadcast 4 of the games from our Challenge Cup final at 11:30. The event is a single round 5 hour session.

The link will be

http://rs6.blueapricot.com/welshcc/senedd/tfd.htm

At the moment there is a Howell/Gormally placeholder game there with 1. e4 e5, so you can see the link works. Please note that this will be using 3G and not broadband. We are running the event in our Welsh Assembly building in Cardiff Bay, so visitors will be welcome. Also I'll have more jobs to do on the day and so if a board goes down then it's probably gone for good. There will also not be a 5 minute delay on the feed.

If this goes well, I may be tempted to try for another event in a couple of weeks time.

Cheers,

Wilf