Selfish cowardice by ECF organisers on chess.com

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Joey Stewart

Selfish cowardice by ECF organisers on chess.com

Post by Joey Stewart » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:50 pm

So I was thinking of trying some of the ECF events on chess.com thinking, ok that sounds appealing to play properly vetted players and avoid the usual crowd of cheats in regular tournaments but to my disgust it turns out that they have capped the entry rating at under 1700 (presumably because someone in charge wants to make sure they don't risk losing) - so much for the Ecf providing for all, it feels like the higher rated players have to pay a lot more and get a lot less chess.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Kevin Thurlow

Re: Selfish cowardice by ECF organisers on chess.com

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:30 am

There are open events as well, every Friday and Sunday for example...

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:44 am

Joey Stewart wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:50 pm
So I was thinking of trying some of the ECF events on chess.com thinking, ok that sounds appealing to play properly vetted players and avoid the usual crowd of cheats in regular tournaments but to my disgust it turns out that they have capped the entry rating at under 1700 (presumably because someone in charge wants to make sure they don't risk losing) - so much for the Ecf providing for all, it feels like the higher rated players have to pay a lot more and get a lot less chess.
I just checked the latest ECF Online Newsletter. There are five events in the ECF Members Club this week. Only one of them is rating restricted.

I hope that you will have the decency to alter your thread title and the terms of your post. If and when you do, I shall be pleased to give you further help.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:31 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:44 am
I hope that you will have the decency to alter your thread title and the terms of your post.
I have to say that I rather enjoy Joey's clueless posts. You wouldn't want too many like him, of course.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.