LCC - the games!

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Joey Stewart

Re: LCC - the games!

Post by Joey Stewart » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Actually, it is not a good idea at all, forget you saw me write that.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:23 pm

benedgell wrote:Did anyone get any norms in either the Open or the Womens Invitational?
Sarah had to win today for a WIM norm but lost. Alex Lopez got his final IM norm in the open, not sure if there were any other norms.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:31 pm

LozCooper wrote:
benedgell wrote:Did anyone get any norms in either the Open or the Womens Invitational?
Sarah had to win today for a WIM norm but lost. Alex Lopez got his final IM norm in the open, not sure if there were any other norms.
Mads Andersen needed a draw for an IM norm and got it ten minutes into the round. There were two other players - David Haydon and one other - who needed to win for IM norms; I don't know how they did.

Gavin Strachan

Post by Gavin Strachan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:45 am

Haydon lost :( he needed a win in the round 8 and drew to get the IM norm and I presume then a win in the last round. Good effort though improving on his British result.

Adam Raoof

Post by Adam Raoof » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Gavin Strachan wrote:Haydon lost :( he needed a win in the round 8 and drew to get the IM norm and I presume then a win in the last round. Good effort though improving on his British result.
Not only were there two norms, they were also final norms and both Alex Lopez and Mads Andersen have achieved their IM titles. Congratulations!
Adam Raoof IA, IO
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
Don’t stop playing chess!

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Gavin Strachan wrote:Haydon lost :( he needed a win in the round 8 and drew to get the IM norm and I presume then a win in the last round. Good effort though improving on his British result.

He seems to have got really good over the last year - if he keeps up this level of play I expect he will get a title of some sort in the coming years.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Gavin Strachan

Post by Gavin Strachan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Tell me about it. I have to play him almost twice a year for my club.