CJ Banned?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
John Moore

Re: CJ Banned?

Post by John Moore » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Paul, it's a poll. You simply vote yes/no and it's a separate thread. In fact, the idea is to help wind this all down now that everyone has had a chance to have their say.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:45 pm

John Moore wrote:Paul, it's a poll. You simply vote yes/no and it's a separate thread. In fact, the idea is to help wind this all down now that everyone has had a chance to have their say.
yeah, but... someone writes I voted no because it is completely inappropriate for children to see a message promoting homosexuality, and I go off on one again :)

matt_ward

Post by matt_ward » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I think the results would be obvious more than interesting.

Charlie Storey would get a majority not wanting him to be president and the majority would think they should not accept CJ's resignation.

matt_ward

Post by matt_ward » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Paul where is your evidence to suggest CJ was promoting homosexulality, I think the point was he was purely wearing something close to his heart about "Gay Rights", there is a subtle difference.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:01 pm

I changed my mind, that there was some value in voting on CJ, even if I think the answer is obvious. Charlie is welcome to do his own poll.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:01 pm

matt_ward wrote:Paul where is your evidence to suggest CJ was promoting homosexulality, I think the point was he was purely wearing something close to his heart about "Gay Rights", there is a subtle difference.
Try reading for comprehension, Matt. Paul wasn't saying CJ was promoting homosexuality; he was saying that somebody else might say that, and that he would then feel compelled to react to it.

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Is this some kind of joke, Matt. Did you read what Paul wrote.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 pm

matt_ward wrote:Paul where is your evidence to suggest CJ was promoting homosexulality, I think the point was he was purely wearing something close to his heart about "Gay Rights", there is a subtle difference.
I completely disagree with the suggestion. I think the difference is more than subtle. I was saying that a number of people have suggested something similar, and I have felt the need to respond which keeps the debate going unnecessarily.

Andrew Camp

Post by Andrew Camp » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Unbelievable.
Chairman of North Wales Junior Chess Association
[email protected]

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:05 pm

This thread is close to running it's course unless something new occurs perhaps all the points that need to be made have been
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

I agree with that, but can I have my poll, please, Carl.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:This thread is close to running it's course unless something new occurs perhaps all the points that need to be made have been
Concur. I think we are repeating the same points and responses now.

matt_ward

Post by matt_ward » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Jack as a matter of fact I am not going to argue with you. Believe what you want.

Francis Moan

Post by Francis Moan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:40 pm

For Me C.J. is still the best Man for the job.I do not want Him to resign.It is C.J. who needs support right now.
I appreciated My two weeks playing in Sheffield and in the company of all those titled players I felt I was part of something.
C.J. helped bring that about.
ThankYou

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Paul Cooksey wrote:
Rob Thompson wrote:
Charlie Storey wrote:On One hand players are paid thousands of pounds to play
Evidence or shut up.
In fairness, I think this is uncontested. CJs sponorship is not reflected in the prize fund. I believe it was paid as starting fees.

On the other hand:
-this is a normal way to attract GMs. It is fair, to qualify for it you just need to play well enough to get a big Elo.
-it doesn't belong in this thread
Perhaps in a tournament that is being organised by an individual, but not one that is The National Championship - It has to be a level playing field for ALL participants in it.
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com