CJ Banned?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Charlie Storey

Re: CJ Banned?

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:31 am

I would appreciate it if people could forward suggestions for new Chess Presidents with a short description of their credentials - Chess Masters or A- List Respectable Media figures only.

1. F.M. Charlie Storey
2. Lennox Lewis
3. Barry Hearn
4. Gerry Walsh.

The Sniper Chief. F.M. Charlie Storey

http://www.CharlieChess.com
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com

John Wright

Post by John Wright » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 am

Looks like CJ's and Ray's publicity stunt is being hijacked by Charlie's publicity stunt.

Simon Ansell

Post by Simon Ansell » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for your comments Lara. It does make a difference if CJ was not 'banned' or asked to change imo and I query why he felt it was necessary to go straight to the press (tweeting Jeremy Vine etc.). I disagree that the t-shirt is controversial; as William Metcalfe's posts in this thread show, it is important that young people are made aware of these issues.

matt_ward

Post by matt_ward » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 am

Charlie I think this is not the correct thread to be presenting your case for election.

I back Simon on that 100%, I think it was more CJ possibly acted inappropriately why he felted obligued to go to the media bet he wishes he didn't now!

Matt.

Ian Kingston

Post by Ian Kingston » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:45 am

Warren Kingston wrote:"There is still a reservoir of anti-gay opinion in this country" proof of this fact then Ian?
This should suffice:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8580960.stm

It's about Scotland, but one imagines that other parts of the UK aren't hugely different.

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:46 am

Where do you think it best to promote the campaign for ECF Presidency - I would of thought its a very urgent and relevant issue on this thread. The ECF needs strong leadership and I am the only person that has the courage to change things and address the major problems that exist.

However, I would love to hear of the other candidates and their credentials.

I think your just upset Mathew that when you asked me to help you 'write a book' that I said you should become a Master first - That advice is good advice as the market is flooded and its hard enough to be taken seriously at F.M. Level so I was simply trying to save you from wasting your time.

Back to CJ - Say Well Done - Time to move on - Time for Change - New President - I put myself forward - Or get another strong candidate quickly who wants to do it.

F.M. Charlie Storey The Sniper Chief.
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:47 am

Charlie Storey wrote:Where do you think it best to promote the campaign for ECF Presidency
In a separate thread in ECF matters called "ECF Presidency" or "Charlie for President!" if you prefer

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 am

Charley Storey - you're clearly a clown - which may or may not be a good qualification for ECF President - but your presidential qualifications are entirely irrelevant to this thread.
FIDE Arbiter, FIDE Instructor
Richmond Junior Chess Club
Fulham Junior Chess Club
ECF Games Played Abroad Administrator

matt_ward

Post by matt_ward » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:56 am

Paul I could not agree more, It seems Charlie thinks he has some special credials that others do not, I agree it's urgent, but making you president Charlie might be the ECF's biggest mistake all year.

But then again lets not jump to conclusions I don't think the board have accepted CJ's resignation yet have they.

So he is currently still the ECF president.

Matt.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 am

Well, I now have the Sunday Times, and I couldn't find the story in the main paper, so I now have to rummage through the other rubbish that gets published on a Sunday. The story is in the Observer, on page 11, bottom left-hand side.

EDIT: This is strange. Can't find it. Do we know for sure if this story was published in the Sunday Times print edition?
Last edited by Christopher Kreuzer on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote: Those people who sent Lara hate e mails are just rubbish from the bottom of society low lifes who have little to offer society other than to jump on a band wagon and cause trouble before they know the facts
Actually, Ernie, I agree with that. No one should have sent nasty emails to Lara Barnes and certainly not before hearing her side of the story.
FIDE Arbiter, FIDE Instructor
Richmond Junior Chess Club
Fulham Junior Chess Club
ECF Games Played Abroad Administrator

matt_ward

Post by matt_ward » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Ernie your not being predjuice or discriminating against class at all in your last comment are you. That is the sort of remark on this forum which should not be tolerated it is not up to you to go off on one ranting or generalising about a small miniority of people sending hate emails to Lara.

That is quiet hypocritical and whats the saying " It takes one to know one".

I agree with you but think there was certainly better ways of wording your expressions but it is unacceptable sending her hate emails though without knowing the facts. 8)

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Does anyone know where in the Sunday Times the story was published? Was it only published online and have I wasted £2.20 buying the print edition? The only media stories I've seen so far have been in the online Guardian, which was reprinted in the Sunday edition of the Observer (7 August 2011).

JacobAagaard

Post by JacobAagaard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Whether or not one agrees with Lara's reservations on the T-shirt issue, I think it is easy to agree with the fact that it is not homophobic to have her opinion, nor is it a good idea for the main sponsor of the event and the President of the Federation to create a public story that will once again ridicule our sport. I am sure everyone will have calmed down in a week or two, but the damage has already been done. Hopefully both Lara and CJ will continue to work for the benefit of chess, and this will have caused no lasting damage (unlike Alians and Dictators)...

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:Having read Laras post and several private e mails it is clear my thoughts on this thread were correct from the outset...
I think Enrie's view from the outset was that CJs t-shirt was offensive and that he should not have worn it and all fault for the incident was his. I think that is far from being proven, agreed or right.

CJ reacted highly emotionally, albeit not unpredicatbly. But others would do the same if they felt they were being subjected to prejudice for whatever reason. (Ernie's own reaction to criticism of police attitudes being a case in point).