Online teaching

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Peter Sowray

Online teaching

Post by Peter Sowray » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 am

Dear Forumites,

I'm looking for some kind person who can give me some technical help or advice.

I want to set my computer up so that I can do some online teaching using either ICC or Playchess or something similar. I have Skype set up already. I did do some online lessons about 5 years ago, but no doubt the technology has moved on in the meantime.

Would anyone be able to give me some advice on how to do this and maybe can help me test that it works OK. In return, I'd be happy to give you some help with your chess if you'd like.

I have ChessBase 9 and Fritz 8 installed on my PC.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

LawrenceCooper

Re: Online teaching

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 am

Peter Sowray wrote:Dear Forumites,

I'm looking for some kind person who can give me some technical help or advice.

I want to set my computer up so that I can do some online teaching using either ICC or Playchess or something similar. I have Skype set up already. I did do some online lessons about 5 years ago, but no doubt the technology has moved on in the meantime.

Would anyone be able to give me some advice on how to do this and maybe can help me test that it works OK. In return, I'd be happy to give you some help with your chess if you'd like.

I have ChessBase 9 and Fritz 8 installed on my PC.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter
Hi Peter,

I would recommend asking Sabrina.

Lawrence

Sabrina Chevannes

Re: Online teaching

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:37 pm

lol I just logged in for the first time in ages and was just about to reply - give me a call Pete, but can see Loz has beaten me to it!

Yup - I do lots of online coaching. Happy to help :)