Deep Fritz 14

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
ben.graff

Deep Fritz 14

Post by ben.graff » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 am

Hi everyone,

I've just got Deep Fritz 14 and am struggling. Two questions. (1) How do you download the manual? There doesn't seem to be any obvious link to it that I can see. (2) I've typed in a game to analyse. Within the analysis menu the main options are find position/ classify opening and let's check analysis. Full analysis is a much smaller grey button and when I press on it nothing happens. What do I need to do to get the program to analyse the game - it seems strange that my menu bar isn't quite how I expected it to be/ doesn't seem easy to change! (With the result that I can't get the program to analyse my games, which is what I bought it for.)

All advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Ben
Ben Graff
Author of 'Checkmate! Great Champions And Epic Matches From A Timeless Game' 'The Greenbecker Gambit' and 'Find Another Place'

Roger de Coverly

Re: Deep Fritz 14

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 am

ben.graff wrote: I've just got Deep Fritz 14 and am struggling. Two questions. (1) How do you download the manual? There doesn't seem to be any obvious link to it that I can see.
According to the review on the ChessBase site, there isn't one.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/from-chess ... p-fritz-14
Having said all the above good things about Deep Fritz, are there any negatives? Not many, but although its ribbon interface is now much better than the interface in the earlier version I reviewed, it is still somewhat difficult to find your way around the program and make the choices you want. It comes with no manual, but F1 brings up Help for it, and that certainly helps a lot. Still, a manual would be welcome.
Presumably one of the topics under F1 is how to analyse a game or position. You may have to tell the interface which engine to use for analysis.

ben.graff

Re: Deep Fritz 14

Post by ben.graff » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Thanks Roger - I didn't know the guide was there. A combination of that and a helpful chat with London Chess and Bridge have got me going now.

I do think these things should be easier to use - but seem to have got there in the end.
Ben Graff
Author of 'Checkmate! Great Champions And Epic Matches From A Timeless Game' 'The Greenbecker Gambit' and 'Find Another Place'