Child Genius

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Kevin Thurlow

Re: Child Genius

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:04 pm

"This is what happened to us when Scott freeman said some nice remarks about Peter being normal pleasant etc. it was cut out because it did not suit the story line :wink:

Tonight we celebrate as Peter got 3 A in his A levels for the first year.I am sure your all be pleased to hear that news lol."

My comments were cut as well...

Well done on the results.

Reg Clucas

Post by Reg Clucas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Peter D Williams wrote: Sharon FIDE grade appear low at 1375 hopfully she enter more events to make her grade go up.Her ECF grade is 156.
According to the FIDE website she has only ever played one FIDE rated event. Her ECF category A grade is therefore a more reliable indicator. Having lost to her at a recent congress, I can verify that!

Peter D Williams

Post by Peter D Williams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Kevin Thurlow wrote:
My comments were cut as well...

Well done on the results.
You also did not make a song and dance about being filmed playing Peter plus did not boast about winning the game.If i remember you also looked though the game with Peter. Did both of you also not have to keep repeating the end of the game for the flim crew?

Yes we are very pleased with Peter A level results he wants to go on and do a maths degree.
when you are successful many losers bark at you.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Peter D Williams wrote: Yes we are very pleased with Peter A level results he wants to go on and do a maths degree.
A fine choice. I did a maths degree, and now look at me.

Oh, wait. No, you probably want to look at someone else.

Lewis Martin

Post by Lewis Martin » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:
Peter D Williams wrote: Yes we are very pleased with Peter A level results he wants to go on and do a maths degree.
A fine choice. I did a maths degree, and now look at me.

Oh, wait. No, you probably want to look at someone else.
Like John Nunn or Jon Speelman? :wink:

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 pm

"Did both of you also not have to keep repeating the end of the game for the flim crew?"

Yes - poor Peter had to replay the end of the game about 5 times so they could film from different angles. I was really impressed that he put up with that.

Lewis Martin

Post by Lewis Martin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:49 am

Kevin Thurlow wrote:"Did both of you also not have to keep repeating the end of the game for the flim crew?"

Yes - poor Peter had to replay the end of the game about 5 times so they could film from different angles. I was really impressed that he put up with that.
When filming, they want to get what they want without consideration of the person they are filming.