Cheating in chess

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Alan Llewellyn

Re: Cheating in chess

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 pm

someone asked me whats this about your 318 ecf grade once and I half believed them as I beat some computers, but my opponents very often outplay my computers in analysis.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:44 pm

my game has improved about 10,000 times better than I was a 153 bcf grade and yet I am a 129 ecf

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:56 pm

If I have been accused of cheating I do not cheat honest to goodness. I am in a defence industry town probably with sophisticated military and spy technology available but I have none. I have always had a high logic iq and can see things about economics and politics and psychology which others fail to see. I also feel that chess is important to me so it seeps into my consciousness so I can remember games.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:37 am

did you know minute differences in the temperature of pieces can be used to cheat. because energy over an area of space is equal to zero and it takes more energy to destroy things than create them, then when we destroy something even a mans ego, we use energy which because it equals 0 everywhere is moved from the surrounding region into a confined space hence making the piece hotter. we are talking minutes here but they are probably observable with the right technology. Also Fourier transforms can be used with lenses like ordinary contact lenses to shine an image on the retina from a contact lens or pair of glasses to give a computer analysis of a chess position, which only the observer can see. Such things could be used by governments or organisations wanting to manipulate the chess scene for their own advantage.
I hasten to add I have never used anything to cheat myself except in correspondence when in 1995 I used a computer to aid me.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 am

fourier transforms are the mathematics of the bending of light due to differences in speed in different media such as glass or plastic.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Alan Llewellyn wrote:fourier transforms are the mathematics of the bending of light due to differences in speed in different media such as glass or plastic.
This would seem to be a little off topic even for here!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 pm

the lens can create images seen on the eye by the wearer of special contact lenses or glasses carl using fourier optics, I live in a defence industry town.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm

it just needs a minute light source and a minute computer chip imbedded in the contact lens or glasses.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 pm

I don't use them but I am sure some of the others at the club I go to do

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Alan Llewellyn wrote:I don't use them but I am sure some of the others at the club I go to do
Do you think you've solved the Ivanov mystery then?

Boris Ivanov was a Bulgarian player probably of FM strength who was capable of turning in GM results. A lot of people were convinced he was using engine assistance, but no-one could convincingly figure out how.
A hidden earpiece and something in his shoes were possibilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borislav_Ivanov

When last heard of, he had moved into forgery of driving licences (allegedly)

https://www.chess.com/news/view/borisla ... garia-8992

Brian Towers

Post by Brian Towers » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:30 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Alan Llewellyn wrote:fourier transforms are the mathematics of the bending of light due to differences in speed in different media such as glass or plastic.
This would seem to be a little off topic even for here!
It is also complete bollox!

Fourier transforms are used for transforming between the frequency and time domains. The last time I did any of this stuff was 30 years ago working on sonar related software.
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 am

Image this is the book I did a course and experiments with analysing focusing imgaes using lens and fourier transforms, you see the frequency of light is inversely proportional to its speed and angle or something like that.

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 am

the speed of light (c) is its speed in a vaccum not in a media

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:35 am

come off it I did it at a-level as well as degree its almost o-level physics

Alan Llewellyn

Post by Alan Llewellyn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:44 am

that's how lenses and glasses work-they bend light due to the frequency being altered of the light to change the focal point of the light traveling through the lens, it is possible to have a part of the lense act differently to the rest and focus an image on the retina from a minute light source that has a computer generated image