Cross-Posting

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Michael Farthing

Cross-Posting

Post by Michael Farthing » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:19 pm

On the ECF forum Paul Cooksey has contributed this, on the subject of cross-posting between fora:
I was considering doing it, for example on the Kasparov/ Junior topic where the discussion moved over there, but I do consider it a legitimate ECF topic.

I haven't really decided in general, but this one too funny not to steal:

Carl HIbbard wrote:
I am a bit surprised no further moderation has occurred over there.

Paul Cooksey

I am at a loss. What exactly is the joke he sees?? Help!

OTOH it does enable me to reduce my previously alleged maximum of ECF forum posters who do not read the EC Forum from 5 to 4.
Also I suppose that cross-posting is much better than cross posting.

IM Jack Rudd

Re: Cross-Posting

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Technically, posting the same message in two forums is multi-posting, not cross-posting. (Cross-posting would be starting a thread that is in both forums simultaneously. This is, of course, impossible with this forum architecture, but it used to be possible and frequently used on Usenet.)

Mike Gunn

Post by Mike Gunn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:24 am

I see quite a lot of cross posting and my advice is: if you feel cross, don't post!

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Michael Farthing wrote:On the ECF forum Paul Cooksey has contributed this, on the subject of cross-posting between fora:
I was considering doing it, for example on the Kasparov/ Junior topic where the discussion moved over there, but I do consider it a legitimate ECF topic.

I haven't really decided in general, but this one too funny not to steal:

Carl HIbbard wrote:
I am a bit surprised no further moderation has occurred over there.

Paul Cooksey

I am at a loss. What exactly is the joke he sees?? Help!

OTOH it does enable me to reduce my previously alleged maximum of ECF forum posters who do not read the EC Forum from 5 to 4.
Also I suppose that cross-posting is much better than cross posting.
I believe Paul considers Carl to be light- handed when it comes to moderation (which is why he no longer posts here), and Carl's comment to be humorously ironic.