Chess in schools

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
John McKenna

Re: Chess in schools

Post by John McKenna » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:37 am

Do we ever really discuss the supposed topic, or does Soheil just like to chew the fat?

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Maybe he just has a better understanding of English computer speak than the language generally?
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:05 pm

That I can believe.
What"s less credible is that a computer scientist and translator can"t post more coherently.
Many of his questions he could answer for himself from material readily available online.
He seems more interested in diatribe than dialogue.
His primary motive for posting here in the first place seems to have been to do with his putative book publishing project.
The subsequent toing and froing from one piece of trivia to another just filled in the time between requests to try to further his ill-starred project.
Time to come clean and say what it"s all been about - explain yourself Soheil or I'm sending you to Coventry.

Clive Blackburn

Post by Clive Blackburn » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:37 pm

John McKenna wrote: ....explain yourself Soheil or I'm sending you to Coventry.
No no, please don't send him to Coventry John! :o

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 pm

John McKenna wrote:Time to come clean and say what it"s all been about - explain yourself Soheil or I'm sending you to Coventry.
Huh?
Sorry sir, what should I explain about?

Yes, I am that Linkedin user. I recently finished my Masters program in Computers Software engineering (on Wednesday). I was studying computers since 2001.

I am very sad about my book project, but it pitifully seems that no one on this forum is gonna help me, as I started 2-3 thread to no avail. But the threads I start are not about them anymore, as you see. It's a bitter reality, but seems I should accept it, like the dead of my grandfather. It cramps my heart, puts me out of lights in dark, may take my life, yet hours dart.
You achieve nothing by regretting, the death is coming, and it may be a very though time one will be having.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:26 am

I hate this game, sir.
This game makes my tongue quite lame, sir.

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:59 am

John McKenna wrote:I hate this game, sir.
What game?

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:04 pm

It's a quotation from a book for small children popular in America and Britain. Apart from providing you with something you didn't understand I have no idea why John has chosen it, but I think his game has gone on now for far too long and I find it quite offensive.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:32 pm

John McKenna wrote:I hate this game, sir.
Some moderation applied this nonsense has perhaps gone over the edge.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard