Wot - no chess??

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Neil Graham

Wot - no chess??

Post by Neil Graham » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Was Malcolm's chess column missing from the Telegraph today or is it hidden away somewhere?

Bearing in mind the removal of chess columns from other papers - not good news.

David Robertson

Re: Wot - no chess??

Post by David Robertson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:04 pm

I have just returned home after dining with Malcolm this evening. He told me it was just a cock-up - like much else with the Torygraph these days

MJMcCready

Post by MJMcCready » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:23 am

No great loss

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:47 pm

MJMcCready wrote:No great loss
I take it that whatever newspaper you read has extensive chess coverage? I'm always on the look out for chess stories in the Express/Mail/Mirror/Sun ( continue ad nauseum) but they normally revolve round the sort of scandal we read about in other threads.

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:58 pm

But it must be said the Torygraph has made a splendid job of the Arch of Cant which seemingly has managed to offend no one - not even the A of C himself.

MJMcCready

Post by MJMcCready » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:49 am

Neil Graham wrote:
MJMcCready wrote:No great loss
I take it that whatever newspaper you read has extensive chess coverage? I'm always on the look out for chess stories in the Express/Mail/Mirror/Sun ( continue ad nauseum) but they normally revolve round the sort of scandal we read about in other threads.
I don't read chess newspaper columns anymore but you are free to point me in the right direction, stopped looking ages ago. Just seems like they are always outdated, and due to brevity, can't (not don't say very much.