Daft display

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Michael Farthing

Daft display

Post by Michael Farthing » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:47 pm

My browser has suddenly started displaying this board in an enormous font. All other sites are OK.
I'm using firefox and I noticed that the default font size setting was 16, which I have corrected. I cleared the cache and restarted firefox but problem not solved. Anyone any bright ideas?

Joey Stewart

Re: Daft display

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Are you on a laptop ? If yes you could try using the touch pad and close your fingers on it like you would with a picture, that will shrink the text.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Michael Farthing wrote:My browser has suddenly started displaying this board in an enormous font. All other sites are OK.
I'm using firefox and I noticed that the default font size setting was 16, which I have corrected. I cleared the cache and restarted firefox but problem not solved. Anyone any bright ideas?
Try another browser first like Chrome and check the results.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:45 am

Does seem to be a firefox problem: Edge is OK. Some other websites have unsatisafctory display too, though there it is tiny fonts rather than giant ones. It is a new firefox version and some of those nasty little pre-installations that are slipped in ahead of proper downloads got past me when configuring the new machine. I'm going off Mozilla.
Trouble is I'm going off Google and Microsoft even more :-(