Server Abuse

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Joey Stewart

Re: Server Abuse

Post by Joey Stewart » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:A previous rather stupid post was removed.
How can we be sure of its stupidity without seeing it? I wish you would have some sort of "rogues gallery" where all these deleted posts could go to eternally shame those who wrote them instead of casting them into the void never to be seen again.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:A previous rather stupid post was removed.
who on earth could that be?

Alistair Campbell

Post by Alistair Campbell » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 pm

I wonder if this is related to the vogue for "trash-talking" mentioned on the other thread.

Whist this might be slightly droll the first or second time you hear it, I suspect it may soon cease to amuse.

On a wider level, has t'internet allowed intolerance to flourish? I assume it was always there, but certainly since IndyRef it seems to have got worse.

Mind you, I last played chess online about 15 years ago (and quit after someone abused me) so maybe it's not new.

Sledging appears to have a purpose at least - professional cricketers are rewarded for winning games, and putting the batsman off can help achieve this. I'm not sure what purpose anonymous post-game abuse serves.