Laura Bailey Scam

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Neill Cooper

Laura Bailey Scam

Post by Neill Cooper » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:11 pm

If any other chess tutors got this email from Laura Bailey [mailto:[email protected]] :
Do you provides private coaching? If yes, please tell me your.....

Teaching Location:
Subject(s) Taught:
Past Teaching Experience:
Available Date:

Thank you and get back!
It is a scam. See https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... 3&p=273274

LawrenceCooper

Re: Laura Bailey Scam

Post by LawrenceCooper » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Neill Cooper wrote:If any other chess tutors got this email from Laura Bailey [mailto:[email protected]] :
Do you provides private coaching? If yes, please tell me your.....

Teaching Location:
Subject(s) Taught:
Past Teaching Experience:
Available Date:

Thank you and get back!
It is a scam. See https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... 3&p=273274
Thanks for the tip off. I'd received it, not replied but not blocked/deleted until reading your message.

stevencarr

Post by stevencarr » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:55 pm

The usual scam in this sort of case is for the scammer to arrange a fictional '3rd party' to handle the money. This '3rd party' then gets the payments mixed up and sends you a huge overpayment. You are then asked to return the excess money. In the meantime, the overpayment doesn't clear the bank.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm

There is another name purporting this same scam:

Scott Carter [[email protected]]

Thanks for getting back to me. My 16-year-old daughter is showing a lot of interest in Chess. I would like you to take Chess private classes with her. She is coming over to your area for her holiday from Sept 13th, 2016, and i want to occupy her time with music while on holiday, so i want to know if she can always come to you and teach her great things every morning or evening..If this is possible, please get back to me with the cost of you teaching her for a 6 week, consist of 60 minutes lesson per day, 2 days per week...I do have someone that will always drive her down to your teaching location for the lesson and drive her back to the home stay..I will also arrange for the home stay for the period of her private lesson at your place.

My daughter's name is Diana, she is 16-year-old and she is a beginner and get back to me so that we can arrange on payment...

Thanks and waiting to read from you soon.
Scott
John
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D