Do I need to be England Federation In Fide to play world youth ?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.

Caitano Demelo

Re: Do I need to be England Federation In Fide to play world youth ?

Post by Caitano Demelo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:13 pm

okay ill contact them thanks .

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:It costs £275. Details here http://www.englishchess.org.uk/fide/fide-fees/
When I read this I assumed most of the £275 was FIDE fees. In fact, it's the ECF's fee. FIDE fees, if they applied, would be on top of this. Why is the charge so high?

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Ian Thompson wrote:
Sean Hewitt wrote:It costs £275. Details here http://www.englishchess.org.uk/fide/fide-fees/
When I read this I assumed most of the £275 was FIDE fees. In fact, it's the ECF's fee. FIDE fees, if they applied, would be on top of this. Why is the charge so high?
This charge represents the FIDE notification fee, plus currency exchange plus an admin fee (£25) plus VAT.

Stewart Reuben

Post by Stewart Reuben » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Caitano Demelo FIDE Rating 1177 year of birth 2002. Both these facts are valuable when offering Caltano advice.

Unless you improve considerable in the next 9 months, it is unlikely you will qualify either to be selected for the World Youth for England, or qualify for the British Championship. You will be eligible to play in the British age group championships in Llandudno, irrespective your playing strength. You will need to become an ECF Gold card member.
It is unlikely, if you can get in via your IND registration, that you would enjoy playing in the World U16 next year.
Obviously you are ambitious. The ECF has an academy and you can get excellent chess training from that - if you qualify.
You can get yourself a chess coach.
Your school may have a chess club.
You could join an adult chess club, such as my own, Cavendish. If you are interested, my email address is [email protected]. But be warned, such clubs play in the evening Monday to Friday and you would be about 20 years younger than any of our members.
You can also play junior County Chess depending on where you live.
Change your federation before you are 16. It is much cheaper to do so then.

Written while in Baku at the FIDE Congress.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:25 am

Stewart Reuben wrote: Change your federation before you are 16. It is much cheaper to do so then.
Is it?
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.