Press conferences with the players

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Paul Cooksey

Press conferences with the players

Post by Paul Cooksey » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm a bit sad that these are not part of the LCC coverage this year. I found the 10 or 15 minutes with the players after the game the absolute highlight as a spectator.

I don't want to criticise the St Louis coverage too strongly - they have a format that they must believe in, and I understand why lengthy discussion with the players about the games does not fit that format. But I miss hearing more than a few words from the players themselves.

Most of the comments I have seen and heard are very complementary of the coverage. So I suppose this is just me. Still what is the internet for if not moaning about your own petty gripes?

David Robertson

Re: Press conferences with the players

Post by David Robertson » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Paul Cooksey wrote:Still what is the internet for if not moaning about your own petty gripes?
You mean no one told you? :shock:

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:54 pm

David Robertson wrote:
Paul Cooksey wrote:Still what is the internet for if not moaning about your own petty gripes?
You mean no one told you? :shock:

David - thanks for replying to this before I did, the link I would have chosen would have caused Carl to ban me. Forever.

Nick Burrows

Post by Nick Burrows » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Joshua Gibbs wrote: David - thanks for replying to this before I did, the link I would have chosen would have caused Carl to ban me. Forever.
A Bridge video?