An apology to Atticus Chess Club

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Joshua Gibbs

An apology to Atticus Chess Club

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 pm

a year ago i made a thread attacking Atticus CC. It has come to my attention that they were lied to and I would like to apologise to Atticus CC as they had been deceived.

I received the following email from atticus

"we were also informed about your threat to stabX(a threat witnessed by 3 members of Y CC), your subsequent harassment of the same person over 14 months, the involvement of the police, and the later decision by Y to ban you from their club. "

The "facts" they were informed about above are complete,absolute nonsense

The simple fact of the matter is that if the police had been involved in any capacity I would be most probably arrested if not questioned over the incident, if It had happened how Y described in the above email. If there three witnesses I would have gone to jail! One cannot have Police involvement for threats to kill/seriously injure and not be arrested!
There was no involvement of the Police, Y lied to make me look bad. I am disgusted at how they behaved.Y lied about the whole incident but I can't prove it though I can prove the police involvement was made up!

I would like to apologise to Atticus as they simply believed the lies Y told. I appreciate that anyone without insider knowledge of the Police Decision Making System and the CPS would not guess that Y had told lies.(I have insider knowledge of this system due to my work as a translator and eBay trader).
Last edited by Joshua Gibbs on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Burrows

Re: An apology to Atticus Chess Club

Post by Nick Burrows » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 pm

You can prove that there was no police involvement - but did you threaten to stab a member?

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Nick Burrows wrote:You can prove that there was no police involvement - but did you threaten to stab a member?
no

Nick Burrows

Post by Nick Burrows » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Good!

Why did someone make this accusation? It's a very odd thing to do, and not the kind of thing that most people will ever be accused of...

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Nick Burrows wrote:Good!

Why did someone make this accusation? It's a very odd thing to do, and not the kind of thing that most people will ever be accused of...
I honestly dont know, all I know is that if I had done it in front of three people and the police were involved I would be arrested if not in prison!