League fixtures meeting

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Mick Norris

Re: League fixtures meeting

Post by Mick Norris » Wed May 17, 2017 8:53 am

Thanks to all who responded; it helped inform last night's MCF Council meeting (where we found a new MCF President, which is the best news)

If anyone can point me at a fixtures programme that would work out the fixtures, I'd be very grateful; I can see the Berger tables referenced earlier, but they wouldn't help greatly with the massively complex Manchester League fixtures rules
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 am

Mick Norris wrote:Thanks to all who responded; it helped inform last night's MCF Council meeting (where we found a new MCF President, which is the best news)

If anyone can point me at a fixtures programme that would work out the fixtures, I'd be very grateful; I can see the Berger tables referenced earlier, but they wouldn't help greatly with the massively complex Manchester League fixtures rules
Does that mean that you no longer need to disclaim "Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation"? :wink:

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Wed May 17, 2017 9:57 am

Mick Norris wrote:If anyone can point me at a fixtures programme that would work out the fixtures, I'd be very grateful.
Surrey have one. I suggest that you contact SCCA Administrative Director Peter Lawrence. (http://www.scca.co.uk/SCCA/SCCA_Pers.html)

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Mick Norris wrote:Thanks to all who responded; it helped inform last night's MCF Council meeting (where we found a new MCF President, which is the best news)

Does that mean that you no longer need to disclaim "Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation"? :wink:
No, I haven't been President the last 3 years either :lol:

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed May 17, 2017 10:45 am

David Sedgwick wrote:
Mick Norris wrote:If anyone can point me at a fixtures programme that would work out the fixtures, I'd be very grateful.
Surrey have one. I suggest that you contact SCCA Administrative Director Peter Lawrence. (http://www.scca.co.uk/SCCA/SCCA_Pers.html)
Thank you; I will

Bob Kane

Post by Bob Kane » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

free programmes are available on the internet :
for example
http://bluebones.net/fixtures.php

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed May 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Bob Kane wrote:free programmes are available on the internet :
That doesn't appear to do any more than just generate something equivalent to the Berger tables. As I understand it, Manchester has a pile of rules which overlay the straightforward tables and in any event, it's not generating the who plays who that's the problem but when.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Wed May 17, 2017 12:52 pm

for example
http://bluebones.net/fixtures.php
Thanks, very useful, especially the part allowing you to type in the individual/team names as opposed to manually producing them from the round round tables I've used for my all-play-all events.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
That doesn't appear to do any more than just generate something equivalent to the Berger tables. As I understand it, Manchester has a pile of rules which overlay the straightforward tables and in any event, it's not generating the who plays who that's the problem but when.
Yes; it isn't what I am looking for

David Clayton

Post by David Clayton » Fri May 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Mick

Have you seen the Central Lancs. League software? That creates our fixtures, you have to put in some rules, club nights and things etc.

Perhaps have a word with Malcolm.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 pm

David Clayton wrote:

Mick

Have you seen the Central Lancs. League software? That creates our fixtures, you have to put in some rules, club nights and things etc.

Perhaps have a word with Malcolm.
Hi Dave

Yes, I had a look at this a year or two ago; unfortunately, it doesn't do what we need

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 pm

I know the Stockport league talk about some programme doing the league fixtures
I know Sean Hewitt forward it to some of the teams to look at this and hope to discussed it at the league fixtures meeting in September
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well