Coaching

Discussions regarding the 70,000 Free Chess Sets for Schools in England.
Paul Stimpson

Re: Coaching

Post by Paul Stimpson » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:44 pm

All this CRB stuff has been quite interesting but seems to be totally irrelevant in many ways. For instance:

1. The ECF require a CRB Check.

This is fine but what does this effectively mean? It's of no use to go into a School because they will require, quite rightly and by Law to do their own check.

And if you are already working in a School and thinking of taking up the Assistant Coach Qualification then isn't it bizarre to ask that person to undergo a CRB check again for the sake of setting up a club within an establishment they are already working in and cleared to be at?

2. The ECF don't require a CRB check

The ECF test the person online to see if they are up to the standard required to teach beginning players the game. No mention of being suitable to do the job, but competent to do the job. Since this project is dealing with Schools only, let them (Since it is their legal requirement in any case) deal with the suitability of the person to be running the School club.

I really don't see how this can ever be the ECF's responsibility. To be honest the ECF should be taking more of an interest in Junior clubs and Adult clubs with junior memberships and making sure those are run correctly with CRB checks, rather than Schools who are already tightly controlled by legislation.

Wasn't all this already investigated by Charles Wood and his route into Schools through the Extended Schools Programme, has all this work been thrown out the door?

Louise Sinclair

Post by Louise Sinclair » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeah right I'm sure poor Brian Eley is just a misunderstood individual who is being unfairly spoken of on the internet. Funny that he jumped bail prior to the Web being in general usage :lol: . I guess besides being a creep the man is also psychic.
Louise
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Gary Cook

Post by Gary Cook » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Matthew
I am sure that after the comments on this forum we can shortly expect Mr Eley to return to these shores and proclaim his innocence on a technicality :roll:
Gary

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Debate is valuable at all times.

I suppose we are all really waiting for news of the meeting yesterday before being able to comment further sensibly.

How long will that take to come through?

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 pm

andrew martin wrote:Debate is valuable at all times.

I suppose we are all really waiting for news of the meeting yesterday before being able to comment further sensibly.

How long will that take to come through?
I will be surprised if any comment is made until next year now :?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:23 pm

I doubt there will be any comment soon, certainly not if bad news is involved. ECF officials are like new-born puppies when it comes to good news. But bad news, sorry chaps, you'll just have to wait....and wait.....and wait.

Of course, you know why. Nothing - and I mean nothing - happens at ECF unless David Anderton says so. Gerry doesn't get to wipe his, ahem, feet until Anderton gives him the nod. And we know from his actions at the last Board meeting how Anderton regards open communication with the membership.

So expect the usual prevarication, arrogant obfuscation and general dithering that you might expect from a fusty provincial solicitor.

David
Atticus CC

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Let me have a random :wink: guess - there are now several hundred sets but currently no boards
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:01 pm

David Anderton starred as the Poliz Chief on the video.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:So David are you saying that David Anderton runs the ECF?
"Runs" is not quite how I'd choose to describe it. Bumbles, stumbles even. Or, since you ask Ernie, plods :)

Think George 'Dubya' Bush & Dick Cheney. Every duffer needs his buffer, the US & ECF both.

David
Atticus CC
Last edited by David Robertson on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neill Cooper

Post by Neill Cooper » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:Let me have a random :wink: guess - there are now several hundred sets but currently no boards
I'd take them! I have some spare boards and the 6th form want more sets for their common room.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Nooo, silly. They asked for more sex

David
Atticus CC

Simon Spivack

Post by Simon Spivack » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote: * I could tell you how easy it is to get another identity but on an open forum I best not.
Alternatively, read a quality daily, hint: every so often Frederick Forsyth writes in to complain.
Ernie Lazenby wrote: ( ID cards would help prevent that but thats another issue)
Why is this off topic opinion presented as fact? One may as well commend A Modest Proposal!

There is too much hysteria. Who can recall the time when Rebecca Wade edited the News of the World?

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:06 pm

John Walker? Never heard of him. But he is renowned, now :roll:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Things-You-Need ... 264&sr=1-1

Rebecca Wade? Heard of her. She let the mob loose. They lynched a pediatrician :( Absolutely scandless! (sic)

ID cards? A complete waste of space. Anyone motivated to create a fresh identity could create a fresh ID card - complete with biometrics and photo.

David
Atticus CC

Louise Sinclair

Post by Louise Sinclair » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Namby pamby do nothings are prevalent in the world of chess. See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil governs their actions and motivations.
Louise
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Ben Purton wrote:Anyone know what happened to ****************************, one of the biggest junior clubs in UK.

Ben
How is this relevant to this particular topic then Ben since it is suggestive relevant to other posts?
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Amended in case it's slanderous
Cheers
Carl Hibbard