CJ

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
IM Jack Rudd

Re: CJ

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Jonathan Bryant wrote:
IM Jack Rudd wrote: From the ECF's point of view, it's a fundraising event organized by a third-party organization ...
Is that why the announcement here,

(a) made a point of noting CJ's position as ECF president.
(b) was posted by ECF's Director of Home Chess
We're happy to endorse and promote it, but it's not our event. In particular, we're not the ones out of pocket if it goes wrong.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote: Jonathan he specifies the charity the money is going to does he not?
He specifies that money will be going to that charity. He does not say that charity will be the only recipient of money from the venture.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 pm

On 3, I think it is the ECF's responsibility to support chess in England not the other way round.

If the ECF gets something fine, but I don't think it should be necessary

chrisobee

Post by chrisobee » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 pm

I am very reluctant to be critical of other people, I rarely post on here for that reason. As a general point, which may be taken as the reader wishes, I find certain members of the ECF aloof and out of touch with the ordinary chess player. For that reason I no longer belong to the ECF, that will continue.

Amici sumus :?

Chris O'Bee
"Men who for truth and honour's sake
Stand fast and suffer long.
Brave men who work while others sleep,
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky. " Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jonathan Bryant

Post by Jonathan Bryant » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:
Ernie Lazenby wrote: Jonathan he specifies the charity the money is going to does he not?
He specifies that money will be going to that charity. He does not say that charity will be the only recipient of money from the venture.
Yes, this is the point I was making. That and the fact that nobody knows what proportion of the money raised will be going to a charity. It could be 99%. It could be 1%. Who knows? Not I ... and not the ECF, I suspect.