Finance Council Meeting

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Jonathan Bryant

Re: Finance Council Meeting

Post by Jonathan Bryant » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Matt Mackenzie wrote:Wasn't Giddins quite critical of RDK himself at one time??
Indeed so. Details here.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:23 am

Hard to stifle the yawns whilst waiting for Wormtongue's next installment. So far he has managed to spread poison and tell tall stories about Adam Raoof, Carl Hibbard, Ernie Lazenby, Justin Horton, Andrew Farthing, myself. Probably I have missed some cock and bull about others, too. I imagine he must be feeling quite lonely and friendless, only Ray Keene to keep him company!

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 am

Paul McKeown wrote: So far he has managed to spread poison and tell tall stories about Adam Raoof, Carl Hibbard, Ernie Lazenby, Justin Horton, Andrew Farthing, myself.
Not to mention CJ himself, a fellow member of Ray's breakfast club.

Mark Howitt

Post by Mark Howitt » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 am

I haven't really got time to get into any 'Ray Keene debate' but I think it's really interesting that one of the few members of the forum who I've blocked because they're so pathetic is miserable because they're a slow writer :).

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Roger de Coverly wrote:Not to mention CJ himself, a fellow member of Ray's breakfast club.
I imagine that Wormtongue Gibbon, being the forum addict that he is, had scoured every word ever posted here and related what he thought the juiciest bits were to Keene, provoking a reaction, which he then kept for later use. I certainly don't imagine that Keene spends any time looking at the forum at all. de Mooi and Gibbon are useful for now.

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:Hard to stifle the yawns whilst waiting for Wormtongue's next installment. So far he has managed to spread poison and tell tall stories about Adam Raoof, Carl Hibbard, Ernie Lazenby, Justin Horton, Andrew Farthing, myself. Probably I have missed some cock and bull about others, too. I imagine he must be feeling quite lonely and friendless, only Ray Keene to keep him company!
I think the fact that someone on this forum has acknowledged something good about keene - that he was genuinely kind and generous towards Bob Wade - has rather stunned Ray Keene and his favourite outlet into silence.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Mark Howitt>... because they are(?) a slow writer.<
If the work in question was meant to be a tribute to Mr. Wade that he could enjoy in his final years then speed was of the essence. A more detailed book on such a long eventful life would always be welcome and I hope that it is published one day.
It has been reported (in another place) that the initial meeting - to discuss the project - between Paul & Ray was "in the presence of witnesses" - safer than alone in an alley on a dark night.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:38 pm

I have the complete email trail. Present were myself, Keene and Simpole. There was another meeting once with myself, those two and their printer. Mrs. Keene wafted in once. Another place? Tell me where?

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:45 pm

John McKenna wrote:If the work in question was meant to be a tribute to Mr. Wade that he could enjoy in his final years then speed was of the essence.
As I was working with Bob's full co-operation, then I am allowed to assume it was with his blessing? Keene may have had other motives with his project, perhaps even honourable. To make an issue of it after this time, shows him in a poor light, though. Carrying a grudge to start, by the sound of it. Paranoia about my views of him, apparently, too.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 pm

@John McKenna
Rereading, perhaps you meant Gibbon's Gubbins?

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Indeed. That place has many names on the forum but I have come to think of it as a sort of House of Lords as opposed to "this place" - the Commons.

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:16 pm

As interesting as all the above is(keene and Giddiness) I do have to ask what relevance it has to the finance meeting. Why do we always have very important threads side tracked by other matters?

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:As interesting as all the above is(keene and Giddiness) I do have to ask what relevance it has to the finance meeting. Why do we always have very important threads side tracked by other matters?
Ernie, I tend to agree with you, but the last time the moderators enforced thread relevance, we had the great EC Forum Civil War, with many casualties on all sides.

If Carl wanted to move this stuff into a separate thread, I wouldn't mind.

:idea:

Perhaps Carl might like to create a separate sticky thread or separate site section dedicated to correcting Gibbon's Gubbins? Gibbon refuses to provide a right to reply on his webshite, yet feels himself entitled to make statements intended to injure the reputations of a rapidly increasing number of persons.

Ian Kingston

Post by Ian Kingston » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:31 pm

We already have a thread called When termites attack in in the Not Chess section. This could easily be moved there.