ECF Agm

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
William Metcalfe

ECF Agm

Post by William Metcalfe » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:38 pm

I have looked on the ECF website and could not find the date for the Agm in Oct i want to book up my train tickets early so does anybody know the date and venue please
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of

Carl Hibbard

Re: ECF Agm

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:56 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:I have looked on the ECF website and could not find the date for the Agm in Oct i want to book up my train tickets early so does anybody know the date and venue please
Far to early for that one sorry, not even news on the membership site yet and that is due in a week :roll:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:07 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:I have looked on the ECF website and could not find the date for the Agm in Oct
The Minutes for the Finance Council meeting would contain it. The problem is that they have not been published. Last year's Minutes had a last update of 13 June 2011. For that matter, no accounts of any of this year's Board meetings have been published.

The obvious Google of "ecf agm date chess" located a number of AGMs but not the ECF's.

The SCCU calendar reckons it's on October 15th
http://www.sccu.ndo.co.uk/calend.htm

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:The SCCU calendar reckons it's on October 15th
In 2011 :oops:

For 2012 it thinks it's October 13 in Birmingham.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:The SCCU calendar reckons it's on October 15th
In 2011 :oops:

For 2012 it thinks it's October 13 in Birmingham.
From the minutes of the said 2011 AGM (which are hidden away on the ECF website):
The Finance Council Meeting will be in London on April 14. The AGM will be in Birmingham on October 13.

Richard Haddrell

Post by Richard Haddrell » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:53 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:From the minutes of the said 2011 AGM (which are hidden away on the ECF website):
The Finance Council Meeting will be in London on April 14. The AGM will be in Birmingham on October 13.
It's all over the ECF website. How could you miss it in the Agenda of the April 2012 Finance meeting?
Item 23 wrote: Venue for AGM on 13 October 2012, scheduled to be held in Birmingham
Not that Item 23 was considered, unless I blinked.

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks all i obviously did not look hard enough stupid me thaught there would be a date for there AGM without me having to trawl through loads of mins from previous meetings
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 am

William Metcalfe wrote:Thanks all i obviously did not look hard enough stupid me thaught there would be a date for there AGM without me having to trawl through loads of mins from previous meetings
To be fair, you shouldn't expect this kind of thing to be prominent on the website. I'd guess that 99% of traffic the website gets isn't there to find out when the company's AGM is. In the same way, finding out the specific date of the British Speedway AGM (four months before it's due to be held) won't appear in flashing neon lights on its website.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 am

Alex Holowczak wrote: To be fair, you shouldn't expect this kind of thing to be prominent on the website. .
The bigger problem is that is doesn't come up directly with a Google search. Instead you get papers prepared for the Finance Meeting and you have to check the Agenda to find the next meeting date.

It's not on the calendar, which reveals clashes with a busy weekend for Congresses with e2e4 in High Wycombe, 47th Dorset at Bournemouth and 30th Bury St Edmunds all scheduled.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:33 am

And more importantly, it doesn't clash with a West Ham fixture :)

And, Bury are away at Crawley
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Mick Norris wrote:And, Bury are away at Crawley
Is that Glasgowbury Rangers?!

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 pm

21 June 2012 statement

"With reference to various reports within the media over the last 24 hours, the board of directors would like to issue the following statement.

"Whilst investment into Bury Football Club is always welcome, any offer of investment will only be viewed at taking the club forward in its only one guise possible -based in the town of Bury, and as Bury Football Club.

Bury FC is a proud historical club, and as such proudly represents the town, community, people, and above all supporters of Bury. The directors of Bury FC place the integrity and morality of the club, and football as a whole, way above and beyond any possible financial gain, and as such wish to reassure all Shakers fans of this fact."

BURY FC BOARD OF DIRECTORS"
Any postings on here represent my personal views