Outcome of membership scheme

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Roger de Coverly

Re: Outcome of membership scheme

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 am

Mick Norris wrote:The final membership count for year 1 was 9835 - that'd got to be a pretty good result?
It falls well short of the number of players in the grading list and the number playing at least one game. The ECF haven't published any statistics showing a 12 month period for 2011-12, so whether there's a net increase or decrease isn't so obvious.
Mick Norris wrote: The more interesting bit is to see how many renew - nearly 4,000 so far
Be careful about double counting. The list will include those who signed up for a three year deal last year.

Has the ECF yet managed to issue any correct and detailed Game Fee invoices to leagues and counties?

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Yawn yawn Roger.The amount of players whom paid game fee also fell well short of the number of players on the grading list
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:16 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:The amount of players whom paid game fee also fell well short of the number of players on the grading list
I would remind you that players didn't pay Game Fee, organisations did. The BCF/ECF were rather generous with exemptions of course, but it would have been a failure of BCF/ECF financial control and management if organisations were allowed to be members of the BCF/ECF without paying the correct membership fee. That's not to say that BCF/ECF management didn't make attempts to undermine the underlying principles by paying little attention to the need to make the process efficient. Has anyone got an invoice yet from the ECF reliably detailing by club and player the amounts demanded at £ 2 per head for non-members?