Announcement to English Arbiters

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
David Sedgwick

Announcement to English Arbiters

Post by David Sedgwick » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:15 pm

The ECF has the opportunity to nominate one arbiter to the European Chess Union for consideration for appointment as an arbiter at the 41st Olympiad, to be held in Tromso, Norway, from 1st to 14th August 2014.

The ECU announcement is at http://www.ecuonline.net/com/news/single/593.html.

Members of the Association of Chess Professionals may like to note that I have been advised that they will be opening a nomination procedure for their arbiter members after 1st March.

There may also be other opportunities for the ECF to make nominations and I am investigating these.

In 2012 the ECU specifically stated that only International Arbiters would be considered. There has been no such statement this time. I anticipate that the ECU and FIDE will give preference to International Arbiters and FIDE Arbiters, but I am inviting other interested English arbiters to apply. A FIDE Arbiters’ Licence will be required.

Please note that the dates of the Olympiad overlap with those of the British Championships in Aberystwyth.

The ECF is likely to give priority to arbiters who have not previously had the opportunity to officiate at an Olympiad.

If you are interested, please would you complete the attached application form and return it to me, either at [email protected] or at my private email address, no later than Wednesday 5th March.

David Sedgwick
ECF Manager of Arbiters (International)
20th February 2014
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.