What should we do next..?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
John Cox

Re: What should we do next..?

Post by John Cox » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm

>just Yorkshire chess would do for me.

Ah. That accounts for a lot.

Mark Howitt

Post by Mark Howitt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 pm

I guess there would be a number of factors but I'm sure the ECF tax can't have helped.

Geoff Chandler

Post by Geoff Chandler » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:52 pm

"3. The ECF should recognise that losing Jack Rudd's passion and enthusiasm is a big loss to the organisation and he should be encouraged to take up another role (County Champs Controller?)"

I knew you strong player types would be worried about this.
The last thing you guys want is Jack Rudd devoting all his time to chess.

Jack, This organising stuff is for old codgers who like arguing with each other.
Get that GM title and your butt on the Olympiad plane.
(I'll let you stay a forum mod till Carl wants me to take over.)

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Geoff,

I was going to protest that Mark Howitt, Sir of Yorks, was off topic when introducing - "where the (foreign) women at?" It came into this thread like the cast of Blazing Saddles spilling over into the set next door at the end of the film. Now it's here, there and everywhere I even feel compelled ask the sister question - where the English women at? (Very few venture onto the forum these days and I don't really blame them.)

Here is my idea though for what the forum should do next - Carl should make membership 'Men Only'. By declaring it as such a hoard of militant feminists would be bound to join and I bet they'd soon put some people - like Mark H - straight.

The ECF is a lost cause, too, as far as adult females is concerned. In fact, despite acknowledging that mass female participation would adourn English chess and enhance the ECF itself, the Federation seems doomed to acts of misogyny.

A final thought - perhaps Mark H could fill us in on the situation as regards female participation in chess in Yorks. Did he ever play Nora Batty?