ECF Manager of ICT

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
John Upham

Re: ECF Manager of ICT

Post by John Upham » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 am

From the ECF web site :

Andrew Farthing, Chief Executive, writes:

“I am delighted to announce the appointment of Stephen Ashcroft to the role of Manager of ICT (Information & Communications Technology). Steve is highly qualified for the post, both in terms of his academic background in computer sciences and an impressive series of roles in the IT field, culminating in his current senior position with Barclays Capital. Steve is a lapsed chess player himself but has found a renewed interest in the game as a very proud “chess parent”. I am grateful to Steve for volunteering his services, and I look forward to working with him over the coming months.”

Good luck Stephen!

The previous holders of this post were : Bruce Holland, Duncan Burbidge, Alan Martin and now Stephen.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 am

It would appear that the previous Manager of ICT (Stephen Ashcroft) has been replaced by a vacancy.

Would anyone care to summarise his achievements since taking post in October 2010 (roughly)?

Who will be the next to take office only to find there is no budget?

If I am (hopefully) wrong and there is a budget for IT can someone let me know what it is?

In reverse order the previous holders (from memory) of this prestigious post have been: Stephen Ashcroft, Alan Martin, Duncan Burbidge and Bruce Holland.

Can anyone add to that list?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:Nobody with sufficient competence would be daft enough to take up the ICT role, the rest are fillable I suppose
I was half right of course
Cheers
Carl Hibbard