New Format Calendar

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Mike Truran

New Format Calendar

Post by Mike Truran » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm

What do people think? I have written to Phil and the rest of the Board to complain, but if it's just me I'm happy to withdraw my objections.

LawrenceCooper

Re: New Format Calendar

Post by LawrenceCooper » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Mike Truran wrote:What do people think? I have written to Phil and the rest of the Board to complain, but if it's just me I'm happy to withdraw my objections.
At first glance I had to squint but the ability to search by category of tournament eg junior appears very useful.

Michael Flatt

Post by Michael Flatt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Perhaps, it is a little too soon to make any complaints about the new format?

I like the added functionality, including being able to filter results by category.

Selecting and opening the entry for an event reveals much useful information including a map.

IMHO it represents a significant improvement.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:22 pm

I confess the new format is starting to grow on me. Perhaps I overreacted (not like me, I know) - maybe some consultation before implementing would have helped, but at least the ECF have gone ahead and got something done.

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Mike Truran wrote:What do people think?
Not bad. It could be improved, in my opinion, by replacing the large calendar icon showing the start date with something showing the start and end dates, or the start date and the duration. Whilst scanning down the list that's what I was looking at (displayed much less prominently in the event description). Most people will want to know whether its a one day event, a weekend event or a longer event. Adding a filter for that would be useful.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Ian Thompson wrote:Most people will want to know whether its a one day event, a weekend event or a longer event. Adding a filter for that would be useful.
There are tags for "Congress", "Rapidplay" and "Blitz". If you drop the tag list and click on one of those, you have that filter. It's possible to click on two or more tags, so if you want Rapidplays in London, you can do that.