ECF Blog

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Carl Hibbard

ECF Blog

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:16 pm

In the other place moderator Bill Phillips is suggesting an ECF blog to replace their forum.

Thoughts?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Roger de Coverly

Re: ECF Blog

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:In the other place moderator Bill Phillips is suggesting an ECF blog to replace their forum.
That's been possible ever since the ECF website converted to wordpress several years ago. They would need a moderator or two, which they now have. Their real problem is that ECF Directors and to a lesser extent officials are given limited scope to speak in public without their words having prior approval. The other problem is that a blog format would not allow the general chess public to raise topics. Again that might be considered an advantage by some. None of those pesky posts asking why the ECF was taking legal action against FIDE and what the Directors knew about it would have been possible.

Clive Blackburn

Post by Clive Blackburn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:53 pm

I thought that the ECF blog was called "Chess Moves" :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Can somebody point out to the moderators in the 'other place' that matteodoors is probably a fake.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Brian Towers

Post by Brian Towers » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:In the other place moderator Bill Phillips is suggesting an ECF blog to replace their forum.

Thoughts?
It sounds like an excellent idea if followed through properly. Them having a forum is a bit like somebody having a dog and then barking themselves. It is just done so much better here.

There is no reason (pride excluded) why the ECF officers shouldn't contribute here if they so wish and a blog would allow them to communicate more effectively. I would suggest that each of the main members of the council (I have to admit I don't know how many there are) be given their own blog and tasked with producing one post a month to keep members up to date with what they are doing, thinking and planning.

I just hope that's not too radical a suggestion in terms of democracy in the digital age.
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:44 pm

We appear to have had 7,872 users from 108 countries during the month of February according to our new analytics.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard