ECF Membership, Diaries, Year Book,, Promotion

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
David Pardoe

ECF Membership, Diaries, Year Book,, Promotion

Post by David Pardoe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:46 am

I spoke to the Office this morning, and asked about renewal and other Membership options..

They offer a quite decent Diary...good size, with plenty of room for entries, and the usual selection of useful information and of course ECF chess related information.
But, it appears that this is to cease, as of next year...

I`d have thought that the diary has a potentially useful place, and is a good promotional item for the ECF.
Could this be given another chance, and some promotion for members and others, who might be chess enthusiasts..
In these days of web publicity, actually having hard copy items of chess interest could/should have some value, and could include promotional material....in addition to useful chess information.

It also makes a good value item as a Christmas or birthday gift....
I`d therefore suggest that perhaps some efforts to retain and promote this is made....every county, league and Congress body should be encouraged to take some of these... and maybe they should be on sale at major chess events... Congresses, and County events...

Same goes for the ECF Year Book.... can we do more to promote and add value to the ECF by marketing and promoting these products..
I hear, in the case of the Year book, they are keen to receive more contributions, and that various organisations should be encouraged to provide up to date details for the publication.

Maybe this is an area that the ECF could send out reminders to various chess bodies about, and encourage more support..
Another vehicle to promote the ECF message.....and hopefully contain some useful and interesting material...
hard copy product that could help promote the ECF....and ideally every chess club should be encouraged to have a copy...
BRING BACK THE BCF

David Robertson

Re: ECF Membership, Diaries, Year Book,, Promotion

Post by David Robertson » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:56 am

It isn't 1950 any more

JustinHorton

Re: ECF Membership, Diaries, Year Book,, Promotion

Post by JustinHorton » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:10 pm

It will be at ten to eight
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com