ECF Sillver members at Preston Congress

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Michael Farthing

ECF Sillver members at Preston Congress

Post by Michael Farthing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:26 pm

I am one of the silver members representatives on Council and I shall be at the Preston Congress this coming weekend.
I will be very pleased to hear from any silver members who would like to raise anything of concern about ECF matters (or just to mull over issues).

David Pardoe

Re: ECF Sillver members at Preston Congress

Post by David Pardoe » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Just one point...ECF promotional..
I see the ECF are promoting there Diaries re notice on main web site recently..
I think these are quite good, so if these could be sold at Congresses in the run up to Christmas... all the better.
And also at other events, including County matches.....
Could you arrange for a small notice to be placed at the congress reminding players that these can be obtained from the ECF..
On a similar tac... I also noticed that the ECF were promoting there Year Book...
These too should be positive tokens promoting the ECF and something that most chess bodies should be encouraged to take copies of...and equally importantly, for members to make contributions to, via articles and notices of chess news and events of interest to the wider chess community..
Can I urge our chess groups to support these publications, and help promote our UK chess offerings..
Having these things out in the public domain to promote the positive image of chess can only be good for our great historic pastimes, sports, and cultural activities..
BRING BACK THE BCF