ECF Advertising

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Carl Hibbard

Re: ECF Advertising

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Mark Jordan wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:Mark Jordan registered here but I emailed him asking to use his real name and no response yet.
I'm on board now. Thanks Carl!
You are "here" but can you post anything serious is the question?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:46 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Mark Jordan wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:Mark Jordan registered here but I emailed him asking to use his real name and no response yet.
I'm on board now. Thanks Carl!
Ah, Carl, do mean whether Mark will be *allowed* to post anything serious, given he's an ECF officer and this is the unofficial forum?

Also I'm struggling to understand what's happened, whether it's important and why Gareth should care.

Gareth T Ellis

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Also I'm struggling to understand what's happened, whether it's important and why Gareth should care.
Angus, a relatively minor flaw within the ECF's systems was eventually picked up, the ex Director exaggerates the problem whilst trying to blame others.
In April there is a Finance Council meeting where an increase to membership costs is bound to be voted on, I represent a few places.

A few things to consider: Are there any other flaws within the systems, is there adequate financial/leadership control over future projects?

Although we want chess to develop & expand within England as it's mainly funded by the members they deserve the above to be addressed.

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Gareth, thanks for responding.

If I might say, I think it’s important to distinguish between your role as an ECF Council representative and your role as advertiser on the ECF website.

It’s unclear to me how much revenue has been lost (though I see elsewhere Mike Truran has suggested not much) or who was responsible for the loss.

My impression is that Bob Kane did more than anyone else had done in some time to attract advertisers *and* to provide benefits for members (which included free copies of Informator and New In Chess magazine; and free or discounted tickets to chess-related films).

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Angus French wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:
Mark Jordan wrote: I'm on board now. Thanks Carl!
Ah, Carl, do mean whether Mark will be *allowed* to post anything serious, given he's an ECF officer and this is the unofficial forum?

Carl. Obviously I can. I'll post as and when I consider I have something constructive to contribute about ECF in particular and chess in general.