Ask the Directors

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
John Upham

Re: Ask the Directors

Post by John Upham » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote: Birmingham suburbs...
Alex,

I would advise a precautionary check-up with your Doctor: you are exhibiting early symptoms of Pardoe Syndrome ...
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:45 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:If I want to ask a Director something, I email that Director.
I've just noticed that an email I sent on Monday to [email protected] (as well as others), re the proposal on the relocation of the National Chess Library, bounced with the following message: "550 Mail to [email protected] has been suspended". I've alerted Gary and Andrew at the ECF Office (and, in the process, seen that emails to the Chief Executive are still bouncing).

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 pm

I had it changed to reduce my amount of spam. The new email address has been on the Boards and Officers page for over two weeks now.

May I say now though that unless it says anything different to that which you have posted (at some length) on this forum you may be referred back to what has been said here.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Message that consisted of nothing but sweary abuse deleted. Can we not do that, please?

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Disappointing! I enjoyed Angus French's post, and was looking forward to developments

For avoidance of mystery, in aid of full transparency (and, it must be added, for the satisfaction of the prurient), Angus French demurred from the sentiments of the CEO's reply by inviting him, in colloquially belligerent terms, to engage in sexual congress in another jurisdiction
Last edited by David Robertson on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Zigmond

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:Message that consisted of nothing but sweary abuse deleted. Can we not do that, please?

I almost flagged it to the moderators myself, then decided there was no point. However I for one noted the contents.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 pm

?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Nick Grey wrote:?
The ECF CEO appears to be picking a fight with one of the Direct Member Representatives.

The whole concept of an ECF Library needs serious scrutiny. Is lovingly retaining multiple copies of Raymond's finest an ECF core objective? The story so far is that it is.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:24 am

The language Angus used was out of order he has now been warned.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:57 am

I apologise to Mike, to forum readers and to Carl and Jack for my poor use of language. I was saying to Mike what I believe he had said to me - in a greater number of less colourful words.

Clive Blackburn

Post by Clive Blackburn » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:07 am

Angus French wrote:I apologise to Mike, to forum readers and to Carl and Jack for my poor use of language. I was saying to Mike what I believe he had said to me - in a greater number of less colourful words.
I assumed that you meant to say :D "Fank you"

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:12 pm

FUN FUN FUN!!!
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well

Andrew Zigmond

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
The ECF CEO appears to be picking a fight with one of the Direct Member Representatives.

The whole concept of an ECF Library needs serious scrutiny. Is lovingly retaining multiple copies of Raymond's finest an ECF core objective? The story so far is that it is.
I feel I have to correct Roger here; I don't think Angus French's posts were made in that capacity and we have no idea in what capacity he wanted to email Mike (and it's none of our business anyway).

The ECF library is one of many problems that has built up over time and needs to be reviewed. It is not something that can be sorted overnight. I am confident that a solution will be found under Mike Truran's leadership.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I find I need to moderate myself for once.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard