ECF enewsletter

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
J T Melsom

Re: ECF enewsletter

Post by J T Melsom » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:39 pm

One organisation of which I am a member allows people to opt out of paper copies of newsletters. Instead we are notified when the pdf is available for download. Not quite the same as direct to your own mail account, but probably worth considering.

Dan Lambourne

Post by Dan Lambourne » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Just to add to the list, I received the emails from the ECF in December and January, but I got neither of the newsletters.

However if that is all I am missing and they are put on the website I will likely go the RSS route to obtain notifications of when they are available.

Dan

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Dan Lambourne wrote:Just to add to the list, I received the emails from the ECF in December and January, but I got neither of the newsletters.

However if that is all I am missing and they are put on the website I will likely go the RSS route to obtain notifications of when they are available.

Dan
Probably due to your own or your net provider's filters. It's worth letting the office know, however, just in case there's a problem from our end. We may occasionally send out emails to which we wouldn't normally provide a link or prior notice. The link to the eNewletter will always appear on the website almost immediately after it has been emailed and probably within a few minutes.

MartinCarpenter

Post by MartinCarpenter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Like I said upthread this sort of e-mail can get unpredictably wiped out upstream of peoples personal/their ISP's providers. Just needs to get routed through an e-mail server that objects to it - which many will even nowadays :(