Membership download

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
John Upham

Membership download

Post by John Upham » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Do we know at what point in time then downloadable ECF membership list will not include persons who membership expired on August 31st 2017 ?

As far I know the ECF DoM does not frequent this place and I cannot be bothered with the "Ask the Director" rigmarole : once bitten twice shy.

The background is my desire to get all of my club members to become ECF members ASAP
Last edited by John Upham on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Christopher Kreuzer

Re: Membership download

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Ooh, thanks for reminding me that I need to renew, John! Though I am confused. I didn't get a reminder email. Though I can't find one from last year either. What is the name of that company that handles this?

EDIT: PaySubsOnline, that was it. Got a reminder from the ECF last year on 20 July 2016. Renewed on 21 August 2016. Maybe I set up an automatically renewing thing? :?

QUESTION: If you pay later in the year, how much later can you pay before things get messed up, and what effect does it have (i.e. do you miss out on mailings and things like that)?

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Ooh, thanks for reminding me that I need to renew, John! Though I am confused. I didn't get a reminder email. Though I can't find one from last year either. What is the name of that company that handles this?

EDIT: PaySubsOnline, that was it. Got a reminder from the ECF last year on 20 July 2016. Renewed on 21 August 2016. Maybe I set up an automatically renewing thing? :?
Hi Chris, I have just noticed that I didn't get a reminder email either, so have the same question

I looked at this grading record which prompted me to look at my own grading record and check
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:30 pm

I just glanced at the latest ECF newsletter (arrived in my inbox at 16:00 1 September 2017), and it included the following:

"A couple of housekeeping points to start with: firstly please remember to renew your annual membership fee to ECF here"

Maybe there were similar reminders in earlier newsletters (I've not looked)?

Not everyone reads newsletters, of course.

PS. In case the above gets taken the wrong way: the newsletter is a nice read; a nice round-up of some of the latest news.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Yes, did the same, followed the link, and renewed my ECF Membership
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:15 pm

If it is just league chess you can register as late as 30th June. Not sure now but I'm sure our leagues know.
No need to rush and there is also the 3 free games per league for a casual player to be aware of.
I was not very well physically and mentally June to November last year and only registered in November to play in London Chess Classic.

Anyway it is nice to have a reminder in a newsletter as mentioned here so thanks. First two weeks in September tied up in chess administration.

Not offering longer membership or say cheaper for early payment or picking up on "what about a £5 refund for not allowing our player of the year votes* is a big concern. And it also looks like the additional fees for last years grading for non-members have not been dealt with by the ECF office.