When is the new grading list coming out?

Technical questions regarding Openings, Middlegames, Endings etc.
Sean Hewitt

Re: When is the new grading list coming out?

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:Do I take it then, that the ECF Counties Preliminary, Quarter-final and Semi-final rounds will be graded in the July 2012 list, separately from the Final?
Correctamundo.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Greg Breed wrote:Perhaps Council members take it in turns to snooze during these meetings?!! :oops:
Well, this was being discussed at 6:25pm. The meeting started at 1:30pm, and had to end at 6:30pm. Various people had already gone home by that point. I think Andrew Farthing described Council's state at that time on his blog as "visibly wilting". :lol:

Greg Breed

Post by Greg Breed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Greg Breed wrote:Perhaps Council members take it in turns to snooze during these meetings?!! :oops:
Well, this was being discussed at 6:25pm. The meeting started at 1:30pm, and had to end at 6:30pm. Various people had already gone home by that point. I think Andrew Farthing described Council's state at that time on his blog as "visibly wilting". :lol:
Chess players are fairly well known for their mental stamina, but reckon i would be way past snoozing after a meeting that long and be well into REM by then!
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 am

Related to this, I presume the system of grading check e-mails going out to ECF members (who have provided their e-mail address) has been discontinued? I vaguely remember something about the idea being that everyone can now check their results as they appear online and check they are correct. When is the best time to do this if:

(a) You want errors to be corrected before the July 2012 list is published?
(b) You want errors to be corrected before the post-July 2012 corrections are published?

I'm going to look now, but I suspect not all the results will be up there yet(!), but at what point should I worry if a set of results are not up there? I'd prefer to wait until they are all up there and then go and check, but not sure when is the best time to do this check.

Neill Cooper

Post by Neill Cooper » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 am

When will the June monthly revision be made to the grading database?

Michael Bennett

Post by Michael Bennett » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 am

Was made this morning at 10.20am.
Michael Bennett
Hendon Chess Club: http://www.hendonchessclub.com
Golders Green Rapidplays: http://www.goldersgreenchess.blogspot.com

MSoszynski

Post by MSoszynski » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

I see that amended grades are shown in blue, but there is no indication (that I could easily find) of when a revision had been made nor indeed how often a grade had been revised.

For all sorts of reasons (and with reference to grade-limited competitions in particular) it is surely important to know what someone's published grade was at a particular time. So, is there a public history of grading revisions?

Michael Bennett

Post by Michael Bennett » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:21 am

Not at present. BTW this type of question is best posted in the Grading Debate forum.
Michael Bennett
Hendon Chess Club: http://www.hendonchessclub.com
Golders Green Rapidplays: http://www.goldersgreenchess.blogspot.com