YouTube Chess Instruction

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
andrew martin

YouTube Chess Instruction

Post by andrew martin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I have started a new channel, backed by Yateley Manor School, where I'll be posting informative clips from time to time.

I have no doubt at all I'll get support from quite a few sources, so the content may be rather diverse.

You are welcome to visit and comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmbdyBLg4I

Matthew Turner

Re: You Tube Chess Instruction

Post by Matthew Turner » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Andy,
Many thanks for that. I enjoyed watching the video and I'll be looking out for future releases. Can I just ask, what sort of players you are aiming the video channel at?

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Mixed and much of the stuff will be aimed at kids.

Anyone is welcome to post instructive clips of their own, but they will have to be vetted by me first.

David Shepherd

Post by David Shepherd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

The video was good, but is there any scope for the ECF to host a video site whereby members only can see the videos that way making membership more attractive with the ECF passing some payment to those responsible for making the videos even if just a low amount to start with?

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:59 pm

David Shepherd wrote:The video was good, but is there any scope for the ECF to host a video site whereby members only can see the videos that way making membership more attractive with the ECF passing some payment to those responsible for making the videos even if just a low amount to start with?

David,
Are you hoping that the ECF has the facilities to make videos or that they have the funds for the making of videos by others at their behest?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

David Shepherd

Post by David Shepherd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Clearly videos can be made as seen on u-tube, just investigating the possibility of enhanced benefits for members, opportunity for a new revenue stream for ECF and coaches - sorry. The future will be online videos that are paid for through subscriptions, dvds and videos will become less attractive.

David Shepherd

Post by David Shepherd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:19 pm

John Upham wrote:
David Shepherd wrote:The video was good, but is there any scope for the ECF to host a video site whereby members only can see the videos that way making membership more attractive with the ECF passing some payment to those responsible for making the videos even if just a low amount to start with?

David,
Are you hoping that the ECF has the facilities to make videos or that they have the funds for the making of videos by others at their behest?
In short given my 11 year old son has hundreds of animations on u tube I think they may just about have the capacity to make videos yes.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:25 pm

David Shepherd wrote:Clearly videos can be made as seen on u-tube, just investigating the possibility of enhanced benefits for members, opportunity for a new revenue stream for ECF and coaches - sorry. The future will be online videos that are paid for through subscriptions, dvds and videos will become less attractive.
The ECF has already commissioned video content produced by ChessBase GmbH with Andrew Martin as the presenter. This content can be seen on the Certificate of Merit DVD.

I am hoping that more of the DVD content may be available streamed via YouTube from the CoM web site but commercial agreement has yet to occur on this method of delivery.

Other chess professionals will surely present content but the clue to its funding is in the word professional.

Of course, there are many producers of good,free content such as Tryfon Gavriel and Peter Lalic and others.

David Shepherd

Post by David Shepherd » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:40 am

For people to join the ECF they must percieve the benefits outweigh the costs. If the ECF provide some video content as part of a membership scheme even if linked via a "professional set up" it makes sense. If the free Andrew Martin U-tube video was available to ECF members only (together with a few others) it may well be an incentive to join.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 am

I don't want this channel to be limited to anybody. Again, I would stress it can be a vehicle for others who produce good chess content to showcase their ability. I am very happy with that.

Some more from the channel, posted recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFSoPiWw_Q

James Byrne

Post by James Byrne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:40 am

Last edited by James Byrne on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Here is another candidate video for the channel :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_g_ZbGquSM :lol:

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Wed May 04, 2011 8:42 pm

A couple of new clips, posted today.

What price 1 e4 c5 2 Nf3 Qa5!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAk0Ow5MQU4

Or a Petrosian masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKZhcfFf91Q

Enjoy them.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 pm

If you have any requests for topics, please feel free to post them here and I'll see what I can do.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 am

A new video uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_2V_Nf ... ture=share

There will be some analysis from the Candidates 2011 later today.