TFL chess club

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
Martin Crichton

TFL chess club

Post by Martin Crichton » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:34 am

Perhaps a good opportunity to remind people (maybe 100,000 people are eligible?)

ECF membership is FREE.... DOESN'T COST ANYTHING

free to all past, retired, present and part time employees of TFL...
TFL chess club will pay your membership (We get funding internally for clubs and societies)

Our most recent member that joined is Matthew Lunn graded 184.

We have just won promotion to division 1 of the Commercial London chess league. Next season we will have 5 teams competing across 3 divisions in 2 seperate leagues.

Our current membership ranges across the full spectrum from novice and ungraded player to lowest graded of 73 to highest graded of 184. We still only have 21 members... up from 14 last season. There will be plenty of games for all members eg I have played all 17 games from 19 possible so far.

If you think you are eligible and would like to join the TFL chess club, email me at [email protected]
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

Martin Crichton

Re: TFL chess club

Post by Martin Crichton » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:05 pm

I would like to qualify the statement that there is FREE MEMBERSHIP OF THE ECF for all past, retired , part time and current employees of TFL. (maybe 100,000 people would be eligible although maybe of that 100,000 only 500-1000 would be chess players and maybe only 200 or so would have had or have a chess rating?

even that would be a 10 fold increase in membership from our current list of members.

That should read FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP OF THE ECF!

As long as the club keeps going and we continue to get funding I don't see a reason why the club will not go from strength to strength. We are only in our second season!
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

David Williams

Re: TFL chess club

Post by David Williams » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:49 pm

If the employees of TFL were ever to embark on a work-to-rule, I can think of one thing they could do that would have no impact on their customers, cost their employer a lot of money, and be highly beneficial to the ECF.