Train under one of the best Online players in the world!

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
Joshua Gibbs

Train under one of the best Online players in the world!

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:48 am

FM Steven Breckenridge, known online as Justicebot has beaten several Grandmasters, most notably Super GM Loek Van Wely OTB and won several online games against World Championship contender GM Hikaru Nakamura! In the following game he even managed to checkmate Nakamura!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RVtqmv-s8

He is ranked number one on lichess for classical chess as well as having been #1 on chess.com for blitz which as anyone who knows about online chess will attest is phenomenal!

This is all the time whilst studying for an honours degree and speaking three languages! Steven has never been a full time pro but has still beaten GMs in OTB chess!
He is available for hire by anyone online and can be contacted on [email protected]
Steven prefers to teach on Lichess but will teach on any site you prefer.
Steven charges
$60 for one hour
$110 two hours
$150 for three hours
and accepts payment by paypal.
He has notably taught Becca Lampman who won the USA Female U18 Nationals as well as being able to make you play with the best online!
This is an amazing experience to be taught by a world class online chess player who has beaten an Elite GM OTB for very low fees.
Last edited by Joshua Gibbs on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IM Jack Rudd

Re: Train under one of the best players in the world!

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:03 pm

A world ranking of 6375 makes you one of the best players in the world? Whatever.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:12 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:A world ranking of 6375 makes you one of the best players in the world? Whatever.

What does ones ranking need to be for the claim to be valid?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:15 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:A world ranking of 6375 makes you one of the best players in the world? Whatever.
this is online chess which me and many others love. He has beaten Nakamura in bullet several times.

I clearly write above

"He is ranked number one on lichess for classical chess as well as having been #1 on chess.com for blitz which as anyone who knows about online chess will attest is phenomenal!"

Im sorry but if you dont think thats an achievement well you are wrong. Steven is a personal friend and is very good at teaching chess.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:22 pm

I think it's an impressive achievement; I don't think it's the achievement implied in the thread title.

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:28 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:I think it's an impressive achievement; I don't think it's the achievement implied in the thread title.

im sorry but to me chess is not just OTB, it is online and increasingly more so.

but your in charge so ill edit

Nick Grey

Re: Train under one of the best Online players in the world!

Post by Nick Grey » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Bullet chess is very random, probably lots of bots, and probably lots of better players that charge less.

Join the right chess club & you will find better players than you giving their advice for free.

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Nick Grey wrote:Bullet chess is very random, probably lots of bots, and probably lots of better players that charge less.

Join the right chess club & you will find better players than you giving their advice for free.

In merseyside where im based id say the only player better than Steven Breckenridge is Stuart Haslinger and he doesnt play in the league.

What right clubs are you referring to and would these players analyse games with you?

I doubt it

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Doubt it if you like, but it applies to my club.

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:36 am

Not just your club mates but also opponents and their club mates. You can learn a lot from a post-mortem. This applies at all levels.
Plenty of good dvd's & books too, & that is not to knock anyone offering training on-line or OTB.
At some stage you have to look at value for money and what you want out of chess/life.

Thomas Rendle

Post by Thomas Rendle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 am

When was he #1 for blitz on Chess.com? I've looked at his profile and stats and he seems a strong blitz/bullet player, especially for an FM, but is still ranked about 150th-200th for blitz and bullet on the site...

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:29 pm

These are very low fees!

I would want a serious GM for this money. I don't pay my gardener this rate and I expect him to turn up at my house as opposed to instructing me over the internet. Sorry, Joshua. Did your friend ask you to post this because he sounds like a busy bloke. Will he have time with everyone flocking to him.

I tell you what - why doesn't he register on the site himself and sell his wares rather than you do it for him.

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Although clearly I don't pay my gardener in dollars because he would have a job converting him at the village shop for his Sun newspaper and his lunchtime pasty.

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Just for some perspective - Eastern European IMs coaching on chess.com/skype - I've had offers from full-time coaches as low as 8 Euro an hour for buying a block of lessons - Russian GM, author and former coach to soem smaller national teams $45/hr or $70 for 2.

This guy may be an absolute star trainer - but for an FM he has the usual issues of having a Western lifestyle, costs and earning expectancy comapred to stronger players from the East (or indeed India these days)

Paul

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Joshua Gibbs wrote:FM Steven Breckenridge, known online as Justicebot has beaten several Grandmasters, most notably Super GM Loek Van Wely OTB
in blitz
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com