GingerGM 24hr sale

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
Joshua Gibbs

Re: GingerGM 24hr sale

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:48 pm

Alan Walton wrote:
Joshua Gibbs wrote:
Alan Walton wrote:I have spoken with a well known chess player who is a top 100 player and also is in the world of chess publishing (not writing books)

I asked generally how much was his annual income was from his endeavours and he said around $150,000 a year

Even from this salary would make him nowhere near a millionaire

Deriving from this I would say the income from writing books themselves wouldn't make them millionaires
But many people on the street would think they would be in my opinion....

is he top 100 in the world or the UK?
In the world

To put this in perspective for people Simon is ranked 1385 in the world in Active players.....

Mark Ashley

Post by Mark Ashley » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Paul Dargan wrote:Yep - I got the full set too ... they even give you updates on new stuff when it comes out.

Why not support Simion and the other (mainly) British authors of these DVDs

Paul
Because i already have 5 of them?

Andy McCulloch

Post by Andy McCulloch » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Missed this offer, playing badly at Scarborough. Could have benefitted from at least 5 of them.

Joshua Gibbs

Post by Joshua Gibbs » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:15 am

Carl Hibbard wrote: The biggest load of nonsense I have heard in quite some time.
why so?

Mark Ashley

Post by Mark Ashley » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:48 pm

Joshua Gibbs wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote: The biggest load of nonsense I have heard in quite some time.
why so?
Perhaps because almost anyone with an interest in purchasing Chess books or dvd's are unlikely to think of the authors being rich?

I've certainly not seen anyone on forums or in real life use that as an excuse when looking for, or admitting they have obtained a copy without paying for it through the normal channels.