European Chess Union Newsletter 129

The very latest International round up of English news.
David Sedgwick

European Chess Union Newsletter 129

Post by David Sedgwick » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:17 pm

I'd like to draw readers' attention to the remarkable content, or rather lack of content, of European Chess Union Newsletter 129, which can be found at http://www.ecuonline.net/com/index/dl/332.html.

The first six and a half pages are devoted to a recent ECU Board Meeting in Galicia, Spain. However, as far as I can discern, there is no information at all about the topics discussed at the meeting, let alone the decisions taken.

Roger de Coverly

Re: European Chess Union Newsletter 129

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:39 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:European Chess Union Newsletter 129
We learn that the Bulgarians are intending a bid for the Candidates, in a city best known, according to the ECU, for its nuclear power station.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm

In addition to Windscale (alias Sellafield), Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima is there another place in the world that is going to be well known for its knuckle-ear (Texan accent) power station? Hope not.
Last edited by John McKenna on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
David Sedgwick wrote:European Chess Union Newsletter 129
We learn that the Bulgarians are intending a bid for the Candidates, in a city best known, according to the ECU, for its nuclear power station.
That was on TWIC a couple of days ago
Any postings on here represent my personal views