European Team Chs in Warsaw

The very latest International round up of English news.
Matt Mackenzie

Re: European Team Chs in Warsaw

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:21 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:
Mark Howitt wrote:Think 2nd 'England' result got the name wrong... how about... "rag tag team of people from everywhere" :).
If you're going to make xenophobic remarks about our team, go and make them elsewhere.
Especially when he has made them plenty of times before :roll:

Mark, WE GET IT - and most of us don't agree with you.
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Maria Yurenok

Post by Maria Yurenok » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Mark Howitt wrote:Think 2nd 'England' result got the name wrong... how about... "rag tag team of people from everywhere" :).
So you know, I've reported your post Mark. I'm finally fed up with you writing utter crap time after time. And don't try to make it appear like a joke with a smiley - it's quite the opposite, it's offensive! If you can't accept that British people can have foreign names - go and join the BNP and spare the chess community of your ignorant verbal diarrhoea.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 am

Bo. 25 Poland Futures Rtg - 23 England Rtg 0 : 0
14.1 WIM Kulon, Klaudia 2276 - WFM Chevannes, Sabrina L 2200
14.2 WIM Iwanow, Anna 2206 - WGM Corke, Anya S 2276
14.3 WFM Wisniowska, Klaudia 2153 - WFM Grigoryan, Meri 2039
14.4 WCM Wozniak, Mariola 2069 - WFM Bhatia, Kanwal K 2039

Bo. 15 GREECE Rtg - 5 ENGLAND Rtg 0 : 0
4.1 GM BANIKAS, Hristos 2633 - GM ADAMS, Michael 2752
4.2 GM PAPAIOANNOU, Ioannis 2639 - GM MCSHANE, Luke J 2696
4.3 GM MASTROVASILIS, Dimitrios 2589 - GM JONES, Gawain C B 2648
4.4 GM KOTRONIAS, Vasilios 2564 - GM HOWELL, David W L 2644

Mike W. Richardt

Post by Mike W. Richardt » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:03 am

Maria Yurenok wrote:
So you know, I've reported your post Mark. I'm finally fed up with you writing utter crap time after time. And don't try to make it appear like a joke with a smiley - it's quite the opposite, it's offensive! If you can't accept that British people can have foreign names - go and join the BNP and spare the chess community of your ignorant verbal diarrhoea.
Well done!!!!
Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri - I am not bound to believe in the word of any master
http://www.mikerichardt.co.uk

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 am

I agree entirely with Maria too

Simon Brown

Post by Simon Brown » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:27 am

Yep, I'm sure all sensible people do. And all real chess players.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:50 am

IM Jack Rudd wrote:
If you're going to make xenophobic remarks about our team, go and make them elsewhere.
Given the response to Mark's stupid comment I have let it stand rather than delete all evidence and a warning has been issued.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Mark Howitt

Post by Mark Howitt » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:57 am

Didn't waste time reading the warning and this is final comment I'm going to make on it- both Nigel Short and Michael Adams have similar views, but don't waste that much energy putting them out. Other GMs don't want foreign players playing in the British Championship either. Certainly more chessplayers hold similar views to myself, but don't spend the time putting it out on this forum.

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 am

Nigel has expressed his views about the selection criteria and that is perfectly acceptable. That is entirely different from expressing xenophobic views about the players who have been selected, using selection criteria that they have no control over.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 am

Matthew Turner wrote:Nigel has expressed his views about the selection criteria and that is perfectly acceptable. That is entirely different from expressing xenophobic views about the players who have been selected, using selection criteria that they have no control over.
Especially as his view are probably expressed with little knowledge of the backgrounds of the individuals involved.

The debate about the British Championship is also completely different, mainly centring around whether foreign nationals, often temporarily resident in the UK, and who retain their alternative nationality for FIDE purposes should be eligible to play. Whereas anyone representing England has, within the bounds of the eligibility criteria, generally made a positive decision to adopt the nationality as their own. Which is good enough for me.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 am

Mark Howitt wrote:Didn't waste time reading the warning...
Which kind of sums you and your type up.

AustinElliott

Post by AustinElliott » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 pm

What Richard Bates said.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Back to the real topic, and hopefully staying there with Howitt gone. I'm a big McShane fan ( who isn't? ) but it seems a bit of a waste giving him White all the time.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Nick Burrows

Post by Nick Burrows » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:14 pm

3 Sicilians!

Maria Yurenok

Post by Maria Yurenok » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Mark Howitt wrote:Didn't waste time reading the warning and this is final comment I'm going to make on it- both Nigel Short and Michael Adams have similar views, but don't waste that much energy putting them out. Other GMs don't want foreign players playing in the British Championship either. Certainly more chessplayers hold similar views to myself, but don't spend the time putting it out on this forum.
And now you are causing another offence by dragging Nigel and Michael down to your level. Their views are nothing like yours if you actually bothered to listen and understand what they say. It appears you are not capable of doing that.

Go girls!!