Scottish and Commonwealth Championships 2014

The very latest International round up of English news.
Jonathan Rogers

Re: Scottish and Commonwealth Championships 2014

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:50 pm

JustinHorton wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:
Jonathan Rogers wrote:so any ECF Official could be subjected to withering abuse from both ECF and non-ECF members
And indeed vice versa.

I wasn't aware that Nigel had often been subjected to abuse from non-ECF members. Are any examples extant?
The quote above is not mine - Roger dC said it. Perhaps Carl or Jack could correct this and subsequent posts (not that it matters very much, I suppose)

I seem to recall Nigel refusing to discuss a matter with Matt Turner on this forum on the basis that he was not an ECF member; I expect there are other examples. Again, not that it matters very much. I expect the other forum is more respectful. Haven't we been brought up to regard silence as a form of respect?

JustinHorton

Re: Scottish and Commonwealth Championships 2014

Post by JustinHorton » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Ah, my apologies. Got confused with all the quotes of quotes of quotes. I think mine at least are OK now.
Jonathan Rogers wrote: I seem to recall Nigel refusing to discuss a matter with Matt Turner on this forum on the basis that he was not an ECF member; I expect there are other examples.
I recall the same exchange, I think: I am sure nobody would consider that Matt was abusive, let alone witheringly so.
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com